Can you put ads on an HTML5 game and let it go wild?

VaragtP

I have heard different things about this and are still a bit confused. From what I understand so far you mostly sell licences to sites for your Html5 and that is where you get your money. But I have also heard others talk about their Html5 games getting good ad revenue. But how do they do this? Are you just slapping on some ads and uploading to a site like Newgrounds,  (but for HTML5 games) and it spreads from there?

varagtp!

I don't know if this is a very successful business model, it seems many sites just buy non-exclusives instead of hosting other portal's content.  I don't know of many site purchasing exclusive licenses at the moment.. probably because everyone buys non-ex & won't host

- Kyle 

I have heard different things about this and are still a bit confused. From what I understand so far you mostly sell licences to sites for your Html5 and that is where you get your money. But I have also heard others talk about their Html5 games getting good ad revenue. But how do they do this? Are you just slapping on some ads and uploading to a site like Newgrounds,  (but for HTML5 games) and it spreads from there?

I am not sure I understand your question. You can host HTML5 game even on a free hosting provider (granted it is highly not recommended) but you could place ads in your game very easily with HTML5 by placing a absolutely positioned div element where you want the ads to show up and insert the ad code in said DIV element.

However if you need to run a multiplayer game in HTML5 you will need a virtual dedicated server at minimal or a computer on a nice unlimited home broadband connection like Verizon FiOS.