Set xy coordinate on arcade body?

rendall

How do I simply set an x, y coordinate on an arcade body?  Specifically, I'm trying to set the starting position of a player after the sprite is created and physics enabled, but before there is a physics update.  When I do so as below, the body ignores the new setting and opens with the sprite at the initial dummy coordinates.

I have arranged my code like this:

// Map inherits from Tilemap and creates all of the layersvar map = new Map(this.game, 'map'); // Player inherits from Sprite// 0, 0 is the initial coordinate// the constructor enables physics on the bodyvar player = new Player(this.game, 0, 0, 1);//  This is so that map can insert the player into the proper//  group index and location.map.addPlayer(player);
in Map I have:
function addPlayer(player){this.game.world.addAt(player, this.PLAYER_LAYER);player.body.moves = false; // <-- doesn't seem to matter whether this is set or notplayer.body.x = this.START_X;player.body.y = this.START_Y;player.body.reset(this.START_X,this.START_Y); // <-- doesn't matter whether I set it this way or not}

How can I move the sprite to the proper starting coordinates?

Just use x and y of the player itselfs.

While the physical properties are stored within the body, the position of the body is stored on the sprite.

The body.x/y is more of a readonly-value which will give you the sprite.x/y.

http://docs.phaser.io/Phaser.Physics.Arcade.Body.html#position

/**    * @property {Phaser.Point} position - The position of the physics body.    * @readonly    */    this.position = new Phaser.Point(sprite.x, sprite.y);/*** @name Phaser.Physics.Arcade.Body#x* @property {number} x - The x position.*/Object.defineProperty(Phaser.Physics.Arcade.Body.prototype, "x", {    get: function () {        return this.position.x;    },    set: function (value) {        this.position.x = value;    }});/*** @name Phaser.Physics.Arcade.Body#y* @property {number} y - The y position.*/Object.defineProperty(Phaser.Physics.Arcade.Body.prototype, "y", {    get: function () {        return this.position.y;    },    set: function (value) {        this.position.y = value;    }});

Thank you, marvster.  That did the trick.

I had actually tried and rejected that earlier, but there was a subsequent weird physics popping and I incorrectly assumed the solution was wrong.  It actually was because of an errant collision.  Your answer gave me the confidence to try again.

Thanks again!