Phaser with Ember.JS

Mejingjard

It is possible to use Phaser with Ember? Someone have tried this? or with Backbone, or angular

my doubt cause i'm learning Ember and i know a bit of Backbone,  i would like to try one project with ember and phaser

Obs: i'm using Rails 4 and Ruby2 too, then i'm using compass and coffeescript too XD

Funny i had the same idea recently, i am learning ember too. I paused my phaser game development so i can make an ember website and serve my game and maybe add highscore lists etc. I use Nodejs because i want to use socket.io for realtime communication, maybe i can interact with the game that way. How are you thinking to integrate ember with phaser.

• 2 weeks later...

I've built a game with phaser and backbone. I use backbone models for persistence to a restful API and have extended Backbone.View which swaps out what would normally be a dom element with a group to manage sprites within the view. When a view is removed I destroy the group and stop any Tweens.

I also make use of Backbones event system to control view behaviour either by listening to model events or app wide events.

I'm not very familiar with Ember and Angular but I think Angular extends html so a lot of the benefits from using it would be lost when using canvas/webgl for rendering. Backbone is a nice option as it's lightweight and not as 'opinionated'

I'll put up some examples of code on GitHub if your interested in taking a look.

Recently I'm building a game editor with ember and phaser, and it proves to be a completely good choice. With benefits of ember's architecture, data binding and ember-cli, it's quite a nice experience. It's much better to use such an MV* framework for apps instead of game I think, since their nature is modifying DOM.

Well sure it's possible to use phaser with ember, simple add script tags and it's done. Or you can use ember-cli but it's another story :D