A Browserify and Grunt Powered Phaser Template

lukewilde

Howdy!

I'm a long time lurker, first time contributor.

I saw a good number of Phaser template projects when starting to use the framework, however none I saw had all the features I wanted to help ship production ready projects. 

https://github.com/lukewilde/phaser-js-boilerplate

Not wanting to repeat the readme, the distinguishing features include: 

The project is still a work in progress so feel free to ask questions, request features, and raise any issues you might find.

I hope you find it useful. Let me know what you think :)

Luke

Howdy.

I've put in a couple of updates since first posting the project. The biggest adjustments are:

• Added semicolons
  • Linting has been disabled on production builds by default
  • Added extra states (preloader and game)
  • Disparity between properties.js and package.json has been reduced

I was dubious about adding extra states initially, however feel preloader and game are fairly intrinsic. Let me know if anyone feels these are too imposing.

I do have a question however. Phaser ships with the MIT license which states:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Given this do you think it's necessary that I add the licence in full at the top of the minified production build?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Hi Luke.

I'm node/phaser newbie so new preloader and game states were useful to me. I don't think this package needs more states If I know how you made states work in node environment I can easily add my own states as I please.

Now I'm slowly building up test game. Love the modular design of Node.

The only thing that buggs me are semicolons :D But there aren't much of them, so it's not a big-bad thing for me.

Thanks for the template!

The only thing that buggs me are semicolons :D But there aren't much of them, so it's not a big-bad thing for me.

Glad it's proving useful and thanks for the feedback :)

I feel your pain. I typically rely on Automatic Semicolon Insertion in my own projects, but am aware that the practice is sometimes vehemently avoided.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...