[WIP] Repeating What Simon Says

mha

I'm making a minimal memory game heavily inspired by Simon toy. My idea is to keep the gameplay oldschool, but prepare a minimal, modern design. I also plan to keep it hard.

Here's a playable HTML5 version.

Some more details:

- I'm approaching it from the other end than most people. It started as an iOS hybrid app done with Cordova, later I wrote a simple gulp.js script to automatically build a web version.

- There are many Simon clones, but most modify the gameplay somehow. E.g. add more colors, new rules, etc. I think the old gameplay worked best and I want to create a similar experience. Offtopic, here's a cool article about reverse engineering Simon game.

- The devices have changed though. I want my game to be phone/tablet friendly with pretty and minimal design. I'm moving in small iterations, there's only Single Player mode right now. I'd love to add leaderboards & Game Center integration, local multiplayer, colorblind mode and in general, polish it some more.

Do you like it? Should I improve something? Is the difficulty ok? On which feature (leaderboards / local multiplayer /colorblind mode / something else) should I work next?

Bonus: I've written a blog post about how this game was made. Also, here's the game's twitter account: @RepeatingWSimon

post-10104-0-94198000-1408025312.png