how to convert swf flash game into html 5

rizauddin

Hello guys,

Hope everyone is good. I am very new to gaming i came to know that flash can also develop using html with js framework. I got one task in which i need to convert SWF format flash game into html 5. Can any one help me out how i can start this

It depends on the material that you have.

If you only have a final SWF file and no project files, you basically have no chance but to re-create everything new. There are de-compilers for SWF files, but the results aren't that good, especially if you need to convert the game to HTML5.

Well, even IF you have the project files (separate graphic files + actionscript files + FLA project files), you are at least able to re-cycle the most parts of the game logic, since actionscript (whoa, but only AS3!) is very similar to JavaScript.

The problem here is that Flash game projects are structurally different to HTML5 games (flash uses movie-clips and stuff you don't have available in HTML5).

Overall, I think you have to re-create big parts of the game since they are not easily portable.

But I am not the biggest flash pro and might be wrong in this point :)

There's no way to automatically convert SWF files to html5. There are a few tools, like Google Swiffy, that will make a good attempt at it but they're not very good for games generally.

In short: you'll pretty much have to re-code it from scratch.

Hello guys,

I am very new to gaming i came to know that flash can also develop using html with js framework

Hello rizauddin, 

i think you are talking about the html option at "Publish Setting" in Flash, which it has nothing to do with html5, it just allow you to embed the swf file into a web page, nothing more. 

good luck