Change the style of line that is already drawn?

Eugenius

Shame on you, necro-ing very old thread. There were threads like that not long ago, its possible but requires full invalidation of p[ixi v5 graphics object. You have to manually change "graphics.geometry.graphicsData" and call "graphics.geometry.invalidate()" . Note, that all the performance problems wil be your fault. Use spectorJS to debug, separate multiple graphics into several instances e.t.c. i really cant put it all in one message, its a very big topic.

@ivan.popelyshev i dont know what necro-ing is and i dont know why im getting insulted but im sure that this doesnt feel welcoming at all. If the issue is personal feel free to elaborate.

All i asked was a question. by the way i did justify that a so given solution wasnt really a solution here

Edited by CamO

Not really, unless I have missed something. Really all i am looking to do are 2 things:

1) when moving polygon point that the same goes for the lineStyle points dynamically (btw I am using vertexData to move change the points of the polygon)

2) to change the fill of the lineStyle when clicking on a button

Edited by CamO

vertexData works only if graphics is small and it was detected as "batchable" (see the source of Graphics and GraphicsGeometry). You should change insides of `graphics.geometry.graphicsData` 

or something easy like that:

let myPoly = new Polygon(...);

graphics.drawPolygon(myPoly);

myPoly.points[0] = ... //change something

graphics.geometry.invalidate();

lineStyle gets copied so you cant just use it and  then change - you have to look inside `graphics.geometry.graphicsData[0]`. My earlier demo should work for you.

All those  problems are here because Graphics originally was created to be cleared&refilled.

• 2 years later...
PIXI.Graphics.prototype.updateLineStyle = function({width=null, color=null, alpha=null}={}) {
	this.geometry.graphicsData.forEach(data => {
		if (width!=null) { data.lineStyle.width = width; }
		if (color!=null) { data.lineStyle.color = color; }
		if (alpha!=null) { data.lineStyle.alpha = alpha; }
	});
	this.geometry.invalidate();
}

graphics_object.updateLineStyle({color:"0xff00ff"});