Topic for my next talk at Casual Connect - Kiev

Alexander Krug

Hi there,

in November I'll talk at Casual Connect - Kiev about mobile games made in HTML5. I'm currently thinking about an interesting topic for the converence. My goal for all my past and future talks was and is it to share insights which are for HTML5 game developers important and helpful in order to make better business or games. So I was wondering if you have any questions or topics I've not talked about so far. Further my goal is always to convince Flash or Native developers to try their luck with HTML5 as well :) As I'm not a developer, my talks are from the business perspective :)

My goal this year was to share some insights on what makes a HTML5 game a good HTML5 game. Basically what you would hear when u would try to sell your game to us or any other sponsor.

But as said, I'm open to your suggestions!

Thanks for your help!

Alexander

Last talks:

Quality seems to be a very broad term among sponsors. I have a real hard time figuring what exactly is quality by sponsors standards. For instance, a certain sponsor rejected my games because their quality was low, I gave a graphical make over to one of them, sent it back, and they offered me a deal. Same game just better graphics. Is that all there really is to quality? Good looks? 

I know it isn't just that and I am sure that there isn't a single answer to this question but maybe you can talk about quality in general terms and what, as a sponsor, you expect as far as quality.

Maybe you already did? I didn't watch the videos.

Always nice to see your talks.

Here are some questions i would love to see answered

• How much % of the average HTML5 Game Budget is used on Art/Dev and Marketing? How does that compare to AAA Games? How big is the HTML5 market for non casual games? 
  • What % of budget should i spend on sound?
  • When will customers be able to buy HTML5 Games via Steam? Or more general: how will product discovery be solved for HTML5 Games? (e.g.  http://smus.com/installable-webapps/ ) 
  • Cross App Marketing/Cross App Linking - where is this going for HTML5? (Why doesn't it apply to more traditional AAA Games?) 
  • Why shouldn't i use Unity right now? (Better Tooling, Better High End Performance, Maybe a more stable ecosystem of developers).
  • HTML5 has wonky performance on mobiles. Will this be solved by Moore*s Law or by new Software platforms?
  • Are there any big HTML5 based IPs?  What are some decisions frameworks for IP building for HTML5 developers? How can you get access to existing good IP? 
  • Life cycle management - how can i gradually improve and remonetize my HTML5 products? ( The Sponsor / Developer seperation might make it difficult? )