RuneScape, HTML5, and plenty of bacon

rich

post-1-0-54937600-1375094451.jpg

RuneScape, as always, is moving forward with killer new content and additions to the game. I was so excited this week to get a chance to play through the Bringing Home the Bacon questline and scout out the open beta of the HTML5 version. I was initially eager to see just how much better the HTML5 version looked and played, but I didn't want to dive in until any issues had been worked out.

Boy, does it impress. Sure, it might not seem like much to someone who is used to the graphics from games like Guild Wars 2, but this browser game that is over a decade old looks great not only for a browser game but for any type of game. It's still a bit of an acquired taste, but once you try it, you'll be smitten. I also had fun playing through the bacon-flavored quest line that is featured this month.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/19/mmobility-runescape-html5-and-plenty-of-bacon/

Yeah I read that the other day too. It's a fascinating trip down memory lane, but disregards how much gaming has changed and makes a lot of highly subjective observations, which is fair enough I mean that is what everyone does on their own blog, but his past history doesn't mean he's always right.