Need suggestions for a spinner

remvst

Hi everyone,

That should be more clear with a screenshot from what I currently have:

4321aide-prix.png

(everything is done using canvas, no DOM at all)

The player can set the price by clicking the + and - button. Though, a tester told me that it was quite annoying, so I'm looking for another solution.

I thought about using an prompt() window, but the problem is that you can specify anything you want (not only numbers). It wouldn't be very intuitive for both desktop and mobile users.

I can't use a hidden list, because it would work only on mobile (and I'm not even sure of that), but not on desktop, so I guess there is no native solution for me.

Do you know anything that could help setting the price directly instead of clicking the + and - buttons?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

A better question might be: why did they find it annoying? It surely wasn't the fact they had to press a button, so it must have been the number of times they had to press it. Maybe your increment isn't large enough? What is the range?

Actually the player who was complaining about it was playing on a computer.

The range is quite small: $8 to $30.

I'm not even sure I'm going to change it, I'm asking to see if there are other possibilities.

The Aerotwist solution is a bit too complex. I'd be looking for something more simple.

I would have thought that as long as you can hold the + and - buttons down (causing it to then increment/decrement automatically) then what you have now is just fine.

I thought about it, but holding your finger on the button hides the price.

I will try it though ;)

Just proposing this, I'm not sure how hard it is to make though. You can have a person press the number and drag to the left to make it go down, or to the right to make it go up. The further he will drag from the number, the faster it will change. I'm thiniking about something like blender 3d's ui. Making it intuitive would be somewhat complicated. You know, never mind.

Just proposing this, I'm not sure how hard it is to make though. You can have a person press the number and drag to the left to make it go down, or to the right to make it go up. The further he will drag from the number, the faster it will change. I'm thiniking about something like blender 3d's ui. Making it intuitive would be somewhat complicated. You know, never mind.

I didn't think about this, but that could have been a solution.

Anyway, I implemented Rich's solution. You will be able to try it when I post it in the game showcase section :)