Crowd simulation or IA agents from c++ to typescript with Emscripten to TS/JS for babylon.js

Samuel Girardin

I got your business right here, mister.  :o  :)

Let me point out all the "do it OR ELSE" going-on in business.  Did you know that "pay up or else/do something or else" was outlawed in the USA when Elliot Ness busted some folks in Chicago for doing pay-up-or-else? 

So why are all the caps... still doing it?  Why are good CO-OPerative parents, who taught their kids share share share through childhood... reversing that policy at age 18... making it fight fight fight, and join the Free Marketeers... OR STARVE... OR ELSE? 

That's called felony extortion and forced religion into a church-o-competers.  Kids, you have the right to survive and join a church of cooperators, ya know?  And you're allowed to survive WITHOUT joining any org whatsoever!   Just demand the right to NOT be forced to join a pyramid scheme/competer's church... like capitalism.  The childhood pyramids always collapsed and hurt those on the bottom.  Capitalism is doing the same.  Stay clear of it, gang.  You can trust certain elders to be great CODING and GEOMETRY guides, but leave your life policies to Wingnut... he'll keep you safe and away from rat-racing.  There's not a drop of "love" in business.  Stick with commune-ities.  :D

Too much counterfire?  :)  He needs it.  He's face down in the snort, and has-on thick blinders to the massive servitude and "or else" extortion.  C'mon, own-up to what's happening right in front of you!  (all you caps!)  :P

Gruesome, eh?  DK does this stuff... cuz he knows I'm an anti-cap activist in my spare time.  He's getting revenge... for me... slapping him in the github... over in another thread.   hehe   It's all good fun.  If someone HAS TO BE a capitalist... folks like DK make ALMOST tolerable ones.  Almost.  :)

Edit:  Man, is this off-topic!  Maybe I'll get my first warning spank.  I like pain.  :)

Thanks for the rescue smiles, J!  :)

Now, we all nakedly see why Wingnut wants to visualize herding tendencies... and be able to set AI factors thereupon.  What makes folks join things?  What factors determine when/where a person will climb (onto the backs of others) to get to higher positions on the ol' socio-economic pyramid? 

Stuff about our mind's tendencies to believe stories and follow them, enthralled and mesmerized.  It's somehow related to the stupor that 3 yr old kids fall into... while sucking a popsicle, eating ice cream, or listening to a story being told to them.  Could be nipple-related.  :o

I like taking the ice cream away from the kids.. just at the right moment, and handing them a hatchet, and see if they'll kill me to get the "luxury" back.  (addiction check).  :o  Demented, eh?  I've tried it at McDonald's lunchtime in heavy-business areas of cities, too.  A yuppy will kill you in a flash... if you take away his/her hamburger mesmerization stupor.

Okay, really, I just want to stage fake wars between red team and blue team, and do drinking bets on outcomes.  Might hook up a microphone so that the louder you yell for your team, the better they fight.  :)

Hey, I got the subject back onto the rails, right? 

Yep, I play Serious Sam HD sometimes.  I see them monsters "seeking" me.  And that's why Sam Girardin did these demos.  Testing monster-seeking with JS.  What the heck did reddozen call it?  "recasting"?  Interesting stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yes it looks like it's using webworkers. 

I like this.

Javascript applications should start to receive more from the multicore archtitecture in 

current CPUs.

I am really looking forward what babylon will be alike, when webassembly and shared ressources for webworkers are there! :-)

I think the beginnings of it are on-board.  Our built-in intersect/collision system is webworker-ready, I believe.  And, SIMD is being used in some key places.  Help us expand it.  :)  Or show us some playground demos, using it.

Recently, Jerome has used an "injected" html script element to include an external JS lib... into a playground.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#2KSQ1R#28

(See the first 5 lines?  I think it's ingenious!)

Then I started thinking about including recastJS into a playground, or including the files from Sam Girardin's "Old Man" package... into a playground scene. 

( Great source code package with all the .ts files, Sam.... thanks!!!  http://visualiser.fr/Babylon/oldman.zip )

Actually, I was going to try to PG-ify Sam's crowd sim thing, first.  I was going to make it into one file, so we could edit every part of the code.  (when you do the Jerome maneuver, its not easy for the public to edit the external JS lib, of course). 

Sam doesn't use recastJS for his crowd sim, he uses... umm...  I'll let you read about it.  But his path finding demo is working well.  Remember you can left-to-right "lasso" (highlight) the crowd (on demo #11 for example)... and then click somewhere, and the herd will seek the click point. Coooooool.  This is VERY close to fluid dynamics... IN JS.  Notice the "friction" between agents when they bunch-up.  Clotting!  I'm going to the store later... and buy some agent lube.  ;)

It's fun.  I'm going to make it into a drinking game... betting-on the outcome of agents running through obstacle woods, which are packed with random agent-munching wolves, and agent-crushing falling trees.  :D  Then, if the agents are made of ferrous metal... and it starts raining... we got agent rust-up issues!  And agents better stay away from the leak at the pancake syrup factory... that will slow them down and make them more appealing to the wolves.  heh  SO much fun!

http://www.visualiser.fr/page.php?id=About_me

Sam!  Let's get some goods on that page!  :)  Where is your story... the story of YOU?  (you can skip part of it, you know)  ;)  Self taught... jumped into typescript like it was your best friend.  I dunno about you guys.  Friggin' geniuses... sigh.  Such a good model, too... the old man.  Fun.  I got plans for this rag-dolling stuff.  Demented plans. :o  Beaker button, then F button... fast clicks... TOO FUN!

notreal.jpg