Labyrinth Craze (Accelerometer game!)

ReachTheFlagGames

Hello once again,

I got inspired by Fast Racer and decided to make an gyroscope/accelerometer game. It's using gyro.js and Phaser.

It's available here: http://games-reachtheflag.rhcloud.com/labyrinth/

I've only tested it on iPad so far so I'd really appreciate it if you try it on other devices and report if it works or not.

Thanks!

post-5328-0-56280100-1383429737.png

post-5328-0-89601300-1383429737.png

Hi,

tested it on Alcatel One Touch Fire. Whats the Time format? seconds:one-hundreth of a second? The game runs very slow, after over 30 seconds of playing the time schows like 1:00.

The Ball runs in the wrong direction, always "up the hill".

on the small display (your game runs in fullscreen) your "Portfolio" button is very anoying and covers the game area, its the same like in you falling game.

Hi,

tested it on Alcatel One Touch Fire. Whats the Time format? seconds:one-hundreth of a second? The game runs very slow, after over 30 seconds of playing the time schows like 1:00.

The Ball runs in the wrong direction, always "up the hill".

on the small display (your game runs in fullscreen) your "Portfolio" button is very anoying and covers the game area, its the same like in you falling game.

Thanks for the feedback! Do my fall down game run slow on your device as well? I'm trying to figure out what's making it run slowly, maybe it's the MozOrientation api (gyro).  I've made the portfolio button smaller now and think the direction issue should be solved as well but I have no way of testing it unfortunately.

Yes the fall down game runs slow too compared to pc but its playable but not very fun (because of the speed) Dont get me wrong, on PC with the wright speed i like it a lot :)

Does it work with physics too? they can realy slow things down.

edit: im pretty sure its the physics, the fall down game gets my cpu usage up to 23%, on pc.

Yes the fall down game runs slow too compared to pc but its playable but not very fun (because of the speed) Dont get me wrong, on PC with the wright speed i like it a lot :)

Does it work with physics too? they can realy slow things down.

edit: im pretty sure its the physics, the fall down game gets my cpu usage up to 23%, on pc.

Do you get these issues with most phaser/pixi games or just a few? I can't think of any bad practices I use but maybe there is some optimization work that could be done

i have to test this, just got the phone yesterday, do you have some games i should test as example?

but at this point, it seems to me that FirefoxOS and/or Firefox Mobile Browser are a little bit bitchy, every game from the marketplace runs perfect but many games (including my own *sniff*) i got from anywhere else seem to have failures (mostly only scaling problems) that they dont have on other devices

I was going to take a quick look at your source to see if there were any easy wins, but it's all encrypted or something :)

Wow, that's very nice of you! I'll PM you the full source code right away and you can take a look if you have time

Edit: nvm it says member rich can't receive new messages when I try to send one

Here's the source code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnggvf808djla3r/labyrinth.zip

I like how the game looks like a little finished product. :)

Will be very cool to have such a phaser example a complete polished little game. :)

Also about the topic of obfuscating code @rich - I cheked it too and it looks like this is used: http://javascriptobfuscator.com/

and well it serves it's purpose.

Edit:

just saw the post above 10x @ReachTheFlagGames

Edited by Mike