BlockTanks - A Simple MMO Tank Game.

kevdude

screenshot%203.png

Check out BlockTanks, a simple yet addicting MMO Tank Game made with nodeJS and Websockets.

In BlockTanks, you move a tank and shoot players on the opposite team, getting as many kills as you can. No need to create an account, just type in a name and play!

The game's features include:

• Real time player combat
  • A maze-like map that two teams of tanks can navigate through
  • Three types of power-ups
  • Chat features
  • Tank Skins

Play the game at: blocktanks-kevdude749.rhcloud.com

Hope you like it!

screenshot%201.png

First time I loaded it up I just got a white screen.   Afterwards it worked and I got to play with someone else(for a short while).

It works well.   It's be pretty fun in it's current state.  If you take it further I could see it doing pretty well.

Input(maybe focus) seems to be tied to your socket.   IE:  get killed, won't recieve any game updates until you move or click.   At which point they'll flood in.   That's the only problem I could find.    It would be nice to have an Armor/over shield power up(maybe one that grants temporary invulnerability on the first hit).

I do think this is cool. Some bugs I find include one where if you collect two of the same power-up, they run on the same timing, one where servers crash and one where some skins don't show when skins are on. Also, I'd love to see more skins from this one! For example, mine might be the one attached. Keyword: PCBoy.

PCBoy.png

Add-on of 4/28: Second Photo.

Glitch.PNG

Edited by PCBoyGames
Encounter of glitch.