Intex XDK for IOS

rachid

On 10/07/2016 at 4:41 AM, rachid said:

I used Intel XDK (crosswalk) to build my game for android platform. but for IOS the the performance is very bad. there is no crosswalk option under IOS tab

any suggestions please?

You may wish to consider using the advanced wkwebview cordova plugin for your iOS builds.  Available from iOS 8 upwards, the approach brings a faster javascript engine and also uses a mini webserver that allows some workaround for xhr loading etc (often used for advanced audio loaders).

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/building-cordova-ios-app-with-wkwebview

I am unsure if it will resolve all your problems as I do not know what HTML features your app is using.  My personal opinion is that wrapping HTML5 games for iOS < 8 is probably not worth it (as of mid 2016).  The performance can be very poor on older iOS devices as memory is very restricted, WebGL is not available, the audience is shrinking (as Apple like to move them along), and general support for technical workflows is haphazard (e.g. latest Cordova CLIs).  That's not to say it can't be done, but a diminishing return in my opinion.  I might make a similar case for Android API < 19 (4.4 KitKat), and it's necessity for using Crosswalk.