With what should I make my phaser game

hakura88

I want to have your feedback about some issues for my game. I want to make a mobile multiplayer/Online game. 

My question is if I should use Phaser.io combined with Ionic . Phaser because it's a simple and easy engine for html5 and Ionic have some nice GUI elements that are easy to use on mobile.

Should I go with firebase database or mongoDB? or should I try others like PostgreSQL etc..

What are your favourites or have you ever tried something similar? What are your experiences

I'm very happy to read your feedbacks.

Thank yo

If you want to utilize html components as control, ionic is a good choice, I have some test with ionic menu system with phaser canvas and some outside button controls, it works well, but the performance may not be as good as you want it to be, as for backend, I think as for realtime communication, socket will be good otherwise no matter what you are using, as long you have a clean api you can call (some well defined reshape for backend functionality)

Here I have some test code with phaser integrated with angular(i have a ionic version of it, mostly the something how to integrate control together)

http://spacewar.mirrorofearth.com/graphicEditor/

If you're asking those questions you aren't really ready to create something that complex. As with all things, it depends on the project.

Ionic is really heavy and I'm not sure where those native-like UI elements would come into your game, certainly none of the games I play on my phone have anything like native controls found in your average app. That's not to say that Ionic can't be heavily customised, it can be, and it would solve some issues but you'd have to consider carefully whether your game is suited to needing those elements.

Similarly, your choice of DB should be chosen based on the type of data. The differences between document store, nosql and sql are marked and you should choose the technology based on the type of data and the type of access to that data that you require. The only caveat here is if you're doing this for fun, in which case you might want to choose a tech that you are comfortable with or one that you want to learn.

If you're wanting to make a multi player game then you'll want to check out a library to help out with managing web sockets. Socket.io is popular, but websocket or uWebsocket (micro websocket) are maybe better alternatives.