Animation from Blender

Shivaan Keldon

Hi,

I try, since yesterday, to start an animation loaded from Blender, but nothing appens.

All my scene is loaded from blender. There's camera, lights, walls, a character with its rig, and an animation set for "walk".

After reading this tutorial (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/wiki/How-to-use-bones-and-skeletons), I decided to loop manually into scene.meshes to retreive the character, and attach the scene.skeleton[0] to it. I've checked that all vertex groups are ok in Blender, and that each vertex has maximum 4 bones influence (not so easy).

The mesh _vertexBuffer has only color, normal and position, but doesn't have matrices weight or matrice indices. Is it the problem ?

How can I generate this values ? Is there something to do in Blender to import them automatically ?

Here's the light version of my code :

<script>var canvas, engine, scene, player;function render(){    scene.render();}window.onload = function(){    canvas = document.getElementById("renderCanvas");    engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);    BABYLON.SceneLoader.Load("", "testroom.babylon", engine, function (nscene) {        scene = nscene;        scene.executeWhenReady(function () {            for(var i=0,n=scene.meshes.length; i<n; i++) {                if(scene.meshes[i].name=="player"){                    player = scene.meshes[i];                    player.skeleton = scene.skeletons[0];                }            }            scene.beginAnimation(player.skeleton,0,60,true,1.0);            engine.runRenderLoop(render);        });    });};</script>

Thanks

PS: Babylon is really great and has a good render engine. But it could be great to have an API and more examples when building a game from Blender. But well, it's still young and I think it will come after ^^

• 1 month later...