.babylon Model Library

AhmadAli

• 1 year later...

The models coming from clara.io doesn't seem to work with babylonjs. 

I tried a few files but with obj file there is parseJSON error during importing and with a babylon file the mesh is imported but when you set one parameter (position, scaling, etc) it does nothing to the mesh.

Anybody has the same issues?
I will try to send them a message! ;)

2 hours ago, pichou said:

The models coming from clara.io doesn't seem to work with babylonjs. 

I tried a few files but with obj file there is parseJSON error during importing and with a babylon file the mesh is imported but when you set one parameter (position, scaling, etc) it does nothing to the mesh.

Anybody has the same issues?
I will try to send them a message! ;)

I've never had an issue with importing models from clara.io. I believe they use the blender exporter.

Although, when you import a model from clara.io using the .babylon extension, the actual mesh is at index 1, as either the exporter or their own software creates an empty mesh at index 0, and makes this the parent of the actual geometry mesh. This shouldn't be the issue, though, as scaling, rotating positioning etc. still effects the child.

Hey @Raggar and @Deltakosh,

I looked further and I found out that when I import the mesh there is actually a lot of meshes in the claraio's babylon file (between 10 to 30) when I expected just one.
This is why when I tried to change the mesh properties it didn't work because I was moving or scaling only a part of the object.

There is one mesh for each part of the object, for instance for this iphone 5S (https://clara.io/view/862d84a1-7dd3-4c69-a053-c0a90b7f994d) I get 24 different meshes with names like "button_volumedown", "light sensor", "powerswitch", etc.

I guess when claraio uses the blender exporter they don't merge all of the object parts to end up with only one mesh.

With some hope, I tried to use the function BABYLON.Mesh.MergeMeshes but didn't work héhé!

Is it normal to have all that separate meshes? @Raggar do you have the same thing in the model you use from claraio? If it is the case how do you deal with that issue?

Thanks guys! ;)