[BrowserQuest] Tap Tap Adventure

Tachyon

Tap Tap Adventure

Hello everyone! I have been constantly developing this version of BrowserQuest for nearly two years now, and I have finally managed to bring it to a stable standpoint, I have done so many things to this it'll take quite some time to spell out everything, so here are some of the many features:

- Full mobile support through Cordova (available on iOS and Android)

- Map has been completely redone from scratch (all BrowserQuest areas removed)

- 100s of new Mobs, Armours, Areas, Weapons and Items

- Abilities added (through projectile system)

- Archery (includes projectiles)

- Revised combat formulae

- New interface alongside with Character Menu

- Added Health Bar Text as well as Mana Bar

- Added a levelling system

- Added full centred camera on the player

- Many exploits present in BrowserQuest have been changed

- API Integration with our forums, allowing for greater control over player's character 

- Complete revision of the networking, allowing minimal data usage on phones (~50 bytes/sec)

- Updated to the latest frameworks, NodeJS, jQuery & RequireJS

- Cross platform compatibility (all characters are saved from device to device)

- PVP Minigame added to the game, alongside rewards

- New Music (completely different from BrowserQuest)

- Music Engine revised to properly fade out!

- And much more!

So...?

So where do I go from here? The game is nowhere in its completion stage, it is in a playable beta stage, and I am in dire need of as many suggestions as possible, the only developer working on this is me, and I am trying to pull together as many bug fixes, and new content as I can. So please, report any bugs or suggestions on the forums!

- The game still requires a complete revamp of the rendering system adopted from BrowserQuest

- It requires micro-transactions in the future (servers have to be paid off somehow)

- And some other ideas I have in mind regarding open-source-ness

- I am still looking for developers, artist, pixel artists, etc. If you are interested, you can contact me on TTA's discord channel or through this website!

Links:

Website | Forums | iOS App | Android App

Pictures:

LtHI6dg.jpg

2qDjwqy.jpg

erPKzB7.jpg

m8oL6h7.png

Jepitgx.jpg

HEyiHLi.pngxHXapLQ.png

I really love Browserquest. It is basic and addiciting and I often find myself starting all over again so I can experience the same fun of hunting and looting again. So I am really enthousiastic about this! Unfortunately though I am unable to sign in or sign up. I do not know why but either way my internet connection is slow or serverside something is slow. I will try it another time but for now I really wanted to say this. And yes, it is damn impressive. I do have one question though. Did you use the default context from the html5 canvas or WebGL? And how did you manage do wrap things up in Cordova? I thought it was only possible through local files. :o

On 12/21/2016 at 11:48 AM, TheBoneJarmer said:

I really love Browserquest. It is basic and addiciting and I often find myself starting all over again so I can experience the same fun of hunting and looting again. So I am really enthousiastic about this! Unfortunately though I am unable to sign in or sign up. I do not know why but either way my internet connection is slow or serverside something is slow. I will try it another time but for now I really wanted to say this. And yes, it is damn impressive. I do have one question though. Did you use the default context from the html5 canvas or WebGL? And how did you manage do wrap things up in Cordova? I thought it was only possible through local files. :o

I used the native Canvas that came with BrowserQuest but we are slowly departing from that and hopefully can get around using WebGL. The server should work, you may have tried to login/register during server downtime which is unfortunate. Cordova, you can compile any files you want as long as they are HTML5.

• 3 years later...

hey, for some reason this game just.. dissapeared. What happened. This game seemed to have alot of potential. please answer soon. Also put a link to a new TTA discord server. Thanks. 

Edit: The android app also does not work. nor does the website. please get this fixed fast.