How can i get a special point's color from coordinate system(xyz) by define a point

BangTao

I'm preliminary study on Babylon,and there's a question:

suppose that there is a color cube in the coordinate system,i wanna define a point object,this point can be set (x,y,z) and Corresponds to a point on the cube.and i can obtain the cube's color by this point.....

so ...is there any method that can make it?

Hello,

you can create a ray from this point and do a scene.pickWithRay. This will return a pickInfo. If the box is hit, you can then use something similar to that:

https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/blob/master/src/Collisions/babylon.pickingInfo.ts#L62

But instead of reading UV you can read vertex color :)

As usual I am not very good at working out what people actually want to do, though others seem to pick up on these things.

Do you mean some thing like Colored-Cubes.jpg where the (x, y, z) just tells you which cube and you want to find the color of the cube

or

something like RGB_Colorcube_Corner_White.pngwhere the (x, y, z) is a particular point on the cube and you want to know the exact color at (x, y, z)

or something else. Diagrams are worth lots of words.

20 minutes ago, JohnK said:

As usual I am not very good at working out what people actually want to do, though others seem to pick up on these things.

Do you mean some thing like Colored-Cubes.jpg where the (x, y, z) just tells you which cube and you want to find the color of the cube

or

something like RGB_Colorcube_Corner_White.pngwhere the (x, y, z) is a particular point on the cube and you want to know the exact color at (x, y, z)

or something else. Diagrams are worth lots of words.

yes,,thank u JohnK,and it's like the second picture,but that point isn't on the cube,

Diagram did help more!?