Retris[Phaser] - Tetris variant

Oliver77

Hi i made a Tetris variant -  Tetris in reverse so iI called it Retris, u must sort the elements like shown in the screen.

The drag and drop is'nt the phaser default function because there are groups and not single sprites.

The grid/snap moving is a simple formula:

----

in the update function:

curMouseX = game.input.activePointer.x -difX;
rasterStepsX = Math.floor(curMouseX/gridTile) *gridTile;

puzzleTiles[actSprite].x = rasterStepsX;

--

gridTile are 32px so the Math.floor cuts the movement in steps just as simple as that.

So leave me some feedback if u want:

Retris

screen-retris.jpg

Tried to play it a couple of times and I'm still confused about what should I do so some instructions at the start of the game would be nice. Also shouldn't the blocks on the left be snapped to the wiry rectangle on the left - it's strange that I can position them in the middle of the hole game. And why use different colors - they're just for visual candy or they have a role - because it's not very intuitive.

Still, the main issue it's not knowing what to do once I start the game - I'm just an average Joe but your target audience will be comprised mainly with average (and below average) Joe's [Is there a plural for a name in english?]. :)

Ok I try to explain:

On the left side falls a playstone, on the right side u have the other playstones or pieces whatever it's called.

u have to order the pieces  that it results in a solid rectangle block in which the falling stone fits!!

ORDER THE PIECES ON THE BOARD EVERYWHERE U WANT, if it is matching then u can dran drag THE WHOLE BLOCK to the left bottom side where the falling stone fits into,

u get points for every solution if u are quick and u use the arrow down symbol it falls very fast if it fits u get extra points.

Than randomly there will be created new stones do the same again, the stone on the left falls faster u further u come u play for the highscore.

Here a picture that explains it hopefully:

zhtml5.jpg

I finally figured it out! I had no idea you could drag the pieces that appeared on the right! That changed everything. I thought they were just the pieces that would drop down next, like in normal Tetris.

For anyone else confused by this, once you get it, it's really damn fun. You need to use all the pieces on the right, drag them into the left-hand well and arrange them so they all fit perfectly PLUS the piece that is very slowly dropping from the top.