Any detailed Phaser tutorial? (javascript)

Heppell08

Pretty much what the title says really. I was wanting to look for a pretty heavily detailed in depth tutorial on using phaser. I like the idea of having to go through many small little snippets of seemingly irrelevant code to then have it become part of the big picture. Syntax styles like: 

player = game.add.sprite(32, game.world.height - 150, 'dude');// player - the named variable for your player sprite// game.add.sprite = adding the sprite into the whole game.// (32, game.world.height - 150, 'dude'); // 32, sprites X position // game.world.height, sprites Y position// 'dude' = the png image name declared when you loaded image earlier

These kind of tutorials but in full detail. I work better once i read through various different types of syntax and code usages. I've read on javascript in a general sense but would like a full tutorial if there is one out there. Thanks in advance

I'm finishing an article on how to create simple Phaser game (it's Monster Wants Candy demo from my workshop at Mozilla Festival) with basic structure: loading assets, main menu, game loop, and the usual methods like rendering the sprites or getting user input. Not sure if it will be the depth you're looking for, but hopefully someone can benefit from it. Will let you know when it will be published.

I'm finishing an article on how to create simple Phaser game (it's Monster Wants Candy demo from my workshop at Mozilla Festival) with basic structure: loading assets, main menu, game loop, and the usual methods like rendering the sprites or getting user input. Not sure if it will be the depth you're looking for, but hopefully someone can benefit from it. Will let you know when it will be published.

Yeah that would be great. Love the slides on that site BTW. Very polished and slick looking :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently working on a new full demo game that is using Phaser that will be opened source. I will be creating tutorials for it and the code will have a lot of comments for dissecting. I'm not sure when it'll be completed, though I'm making some fast progress so hopefully soon :)

I'd like to see this. Good luck.  Hope to see it soon!

Finished mine some time ago but still waiting for the review and publishing. That's the problem of writing for others, I should've just published it on my blog when it was ready.

I was interested to read your as well end3r.  I actually just followed you on Twitter as well.  Do you have a time frame as to when yours will be published? Who did you write it for?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it's more like a step-by-step walkthrough using a simple, complete game. Anyway, I also would like to see it published as soon as possible :)

Can I assume this will be based on the current (at the time of writing) 2.0 build? Or will is it for 1.X ? I havn't been through 2.0 yet so I am unsure how much has changed or if it's even significant enough to make this question worth asking however :P

I am working on a Phaser tut with ajax to a PHP server with MySQL db back end. No time frame yet as I am currently spending my free time looking for a job. As soon as I get one I will be back on this. Hopefully this weekend!!

Can I assume this will be based on the current (at the time of writing) 2.0 build? Or will is it for 1.X ? I havn't been through 2.0 yet so I am unsure how much has changed or if it's even significant enough to make this question worth asking however :P

As the tutorial is still in the works I think I'll try to update the source code of the game example to have it working with Phaser 2.0 when it comes out.

• 3 months later...