remvst

Hey guys, as Clay.io's competition is now over, I can safely present my entry : Radiation.

banner-500x100.png

Radiation is a platformer/shooter highly inspired by Half-Life and Biolab Disaster. The goal is to rescue scientists and to kill as many creatures as possible without dying.
The game should be pretty difficult, as I really tried to give a feeling of a true disaster, and to make it really dynamic. About everything can kill you, you always have to stay on your toes.

radiation01_thb.png  radiation02_thb.png  radiation03_thb.png

The game works on both desktop browsers and mobile devices (a controller will show up to let you control your character).

You can play it at http://radiation.clay.io/

If you wish to support me in the competition, you can simply play the game, or rate it on the Firefox Marketplace, as both will be taken into account for the final results.

I hope you will like it!

post-145-0-96016700-1365252418.png

Nice job, i played a bit and here is my points:

1. Game is fun
  2. Need more level, cause after some time it a bit repetitive (but this is more of whine about this survivor genre :) )
  3. When playing with WASD the "C" button is not very comfortable to press, maybe you can add "J" for shooting also.
  4. Sometimes when playing with arrows the window scroll is moving and ... making me fall into acid and die... not cool :P
  5. Also a two separate icons for music, and sfx will be nice since so we can turn off the music... no disrespect for the music thou
  6. From where are this scientists come from :D

Thanks for the feedback.

Here are my answers:

1. Ok, nothing to do ^^

2. As it is a survivor game, I don't really know how to make it less repetitive. I tried to add as many gameplay elements as possible, but I'd really love some suggestions on this ;)

3. Actually, C is not the only button to shoot. There are others like ENTER, SPACE, and I dont remember the others. I'll add J anyway ;)

4. I'm fixing it. Though you don't need to push the down arrow :P

5. The music is not from me. It's a royalty-free track I found on the web (can be found in the credits). I'll see what I can do (will be longer to add)

6. O RLY? In a game where there are monsters, fires and healing items are spawning everywhere, spawning scientists is the only thing that bugs you? :P

Anyway thanks for the suggestions. I'll work on it today  ;)