Francois DIY - My Version of Mario Maker

FrancoisSoft

This is a project that I have been working on for a year or so. It is a game development studio equipped with a pixel paint editor, map editor, code editor, game engine, store, and message board. It is even possible to edit the source code of the app via a built in editor. My motivation for creating this is to create a tool that I can use to create my games and share with others. Something like Mario Maker. This project is written 100% in JavaScript and uses Electron as a platform to run. Francois DIY was once a web site but due to network lag and downtime I made it native. Anyways, would like to share and maybe have level built for me!

Access online: http://www.francoisdiy.com

Video of Project in Action: 

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_2.png

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_4.png

Screenshot from 2017-07-29 14-14-26.png

Hey, this looks awesome!

It already looks very comprehensive and I'm sure that if you continue to work on it it will grow into something even better!

I have a tip, if I may, you could try and recreate something famous (like Flappy Bird, the engine looks like it would make it very fast) to show people how easy it is to build with your engine! 

3 hours ago, Me3 said:

Hey, this looks awesome!

It already looks very comprehensive and I'm sure that if you continue to work on it it will grow into something even better!

I have a tip, if I may, you could try and recreate something famous (like Flappy Bird, the engine looks like it would make it very fast) to show people how easy it is to build with your engine! 

Thanks! I am currently working on character programming. I will take your advice and do a Flappy Bird demo. People seem to love that game!

You're welcome!

The reason I  advise you to make a clone of Flappy Bird or some other game is because that's what I usually see tutorials or courses do when they want to teach someone. People know what to expect and I think it encourages them to try and make their own games, when they see that they could recreate in simple steps an already famous game.

Hope it helps you!