LittleGiantWorld

Nice art and audio. The controls are interesting, I thought at first the lag would be annoying, but it's actually quite a clever system, makes you think. The only problem from early play is that there doesn't appear to be any indicator that your shots are having any effect on the enemy until they die. It would be good to have some feedback that you've "hurt" them, and perhaps how much more energy they have before they die. Good to know how much work you still have to do.

Paul

Good work, great little time waster. Totally agree with Pauls comments too. I thought there could be a bit more variety, some pow, something like the odd power-up, or special attack, for both you and the enemies. Something that adds some more interest for the player because there currently isn't a great deal of decisions the player has to make, just a bit of dodge while trying to get the 3 bullets where they need to go, a little variety would keep this from getting monotonous, its slow-paced compared to other games like that so it needs something that makes the player question and refine their strategy to keep it interesting.

Faster paced variants of this game use differing enemies, enemy wave patterns and they normally add power-ups/downs for added interest, often these will be seemingly fairly random, as your game is slower-paced I think you could explore the strategy a little more so that rather than getting semi-random abilities throughout the wave a player could store them and use them at the right moment, this fits with the theme of being a mage which is often about wisdom and prep. The UI could be a little tricky to handle this but I'm sure there would be a way.

I like the upgrade system to make subsequent play throughs easier (or even achievable) but it was very arcadey, maybe the player could choose a path of upgrades for their player-character so that they might start of as a mage but progress to be either a fire mage OR ice mage with differing abilities, this might mean that the player can choose from a couple of PCs to use, if they only have one (as currently) then they'd be stuck with their choice of career path when they might want to play as a different type of character to see the game in a new light.

1 hour ago, pgregory said:

Nice art and audio. The controls are interesting, I thought at first the lag would be annoying, but it's actually quite a clever system, makes you think. The only problem from early play is that there doesn't appear to be any indicator that your shots are having any effect on the enemy until they die. It would be good to have some feedback that you've "hurt" them, and perhaps how much more energy they have before they die. Good to know how much work you still have to do.

Paul

thank you for the suggestion, really appreciate it :)

1 hour ago, mattstyles said:

Good work, great little time waster. Totally agree with Pauls comments too. I thought there could be a bit more variety, some pow, something like the odd power-up, or special attack, for both you and the enemies. Something that adds some more interest for the player because there currently isn't a great deal of decisions the player has to make, just a bit of dodge while trying to get the 3 bullets where they need to go, a little variety would keep this from getting monotonous, its slow-paced compared to other games like that so it needs something that makes the player question and refine their strategy to keep it interesting.

Faster paced variants of this game use differing enemies, enemy wave patterns and they normally add power-ups/downs for added interest, often these will be seemingly fairly random, as your game is slower-paced I think you could explore the strategy a little more so that rather than getting semi-random abilities throughout the wave a player could store them and use them at the right moment, this fits with the theme of being a mage which is often about wisdom and prep. The UI could be a little tricky to handle this but I'm sure there would be a way.

I like the upgrade system to make subsequent play throughs easier (or even achievable) but it was very arcadey, maybe the player could choose a path of upgrades for their player-character so that they might start of as a mage but progress to be either a fire mage OR ice mage with differing abilities, this might mean that the player can choose from a couple of PCs to use, if they only have one (as currently) then they'd be stuck with their choice of career path when they might want to play as a different type of character to see the game in a new light.

thank you for the suggestion :)