Quacky McFly - Endless Running Casual Game!

away168

Hi guys!

This is my first HTML5 game and my first post here, nice to meet you all.  :lol:

Quacky McFly is an endless casual game about a duck trying to climb buildings as high as he can. I'm pretty sure you've seen this game mechanic before in current mobile games when you play it.  :)

intro.jpg

gameplay.jpg

The game is currently available for both mobile and desktop browsers.

So here's the link: http://quacky-mcfly.alectora.com

I would love to hear your feedback guys or if you find any issues/bug.

Thank you!  :D

If anyone interested in getting the license for this game (non-exclusive), please contact me at [email protected]

[2/2/2014] Minor updates v1.1.2!

- [Gameplay] Quacky's initial speed changed from 240 to 300.

- [Feature] Player can see his/her Best Record during gameplay.

- [Enhancement] If Player beat previous record, Instead of saying "Game Over", it says "Congratulations"

- [issue] FX sound volume too low compare to the music.

[31/1/2014] Minor updates v1.1.1!

- Bugfix: Fix Quacky's finishing 'trance' animation (Quacky blinks) that is not animating well when getting more and more stars.

- Quacky's speed will be half slower when the trance is about to worn off.

[31/1/2014] New major updates version 1.1!

Quacky now can become fast and huge ("Trance" mode) when grabbing a happy star along the way and is immune to all obstacles for a few seconds. Be careful on going too fast though!  :D

Gameplay:

- Star object now available as a booster.

- Max jump speed now increased (means the speed limit of the jumping speed is increased, makes a faster jump).

- Obstacle wave initial delay time is decreased, means you will see the obstacles sooner than usual.

Technical:

- Added EOT font file so IE 9+ can read the custom font file.

- Speed increase now depends directly on distance, as it depends on timeout before regardless of Quacky's current distance.

- Bugfix: Fix a case where in rare occasion, Quacky may run/jump backward.

[30/1/2014] Minor updates for version 1.0.1!

Now able to play in desktop browsers so anyone can play it.  :lol:

Gameplay:

- Game speed increased from 180 to 240.

- Game speed change rate increased from 1 to 4.

- Obstacle spawn delay time changed from 5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.

- More obstacles to spawn per wave.

Technical:

- Now able to run on desktop browsers.

That's quite a nice little game you've got there :)

Nice simple graphics with interesting gameplay; you'll have no troubles finding a sponsor for this :)

The game runs nicely on my Galaxy S3 (I even beat my desktop score on it!), however I did get an awfully strange glitch.

Sometimes after I jump, instead of Quacky facing up, and running up... he's facing down and running backwards (up)!

I tried to replicate this on my computer browser, but I was unsuccessful. -shrugs- Certainly not game breaking, however!

One tiny little nitpick was the loading times. Not sure if it's just me experiencing this, but the loading times seemed to be a little too long for such a game :/ That's just personal experience though.

Good luck with this! :)

Thank you Squalid! The glitch did happen during my development I was laughing about it :lol: I thought I've solved it, I'll fixed it asap and the loading time as well. The loading time should be faster the second time, but I'm glad to know the first experience you opened it. Can you tell me your approximate internet connection speed and country location you access the game? that will be very helpful.  :)

On my desktop I average about 5-6 mb per second and the connection is in Australia :)

Haha, yeah I had a bit of a laugh at it too :) Definitely didn't ruin my experience, however :P

Thanks for the info! the server for this game is in US Oregon, when the game is stable enough I'll push it to more servers (CDN) so it can be faster. Haha glad it didn't ruin your experience.  :lol:

I had to purposefully close the tab, couldn't stop clicking!

fun feel.  

Thank you for playing, userotti! Come back again later for the cause: Helping Quacky to be the highest flying duck in the world!  :D