HighlightLayer blocked

brianzinn

Hi guys.  (Sebavan told me this same answer, about a month ago, BZ.)  :)  I think he's typed that answer around 30 times, now.  (Wingnut offers finger ointment)

I think transparency for highlights is going to be harrrrrrd.  Depth-calculating, right?  ow.  Best of luck, if you try it... but wear safety gear, my friend.  :)

Brian... um... is there any way you can seriously simplify that playground, and yet show me what/how you are using the highlight layer?  That PG failed for me.  Perhaps you can just TELL ME what you are using the highLight layer... for.  (thx)

On another project, we had textured mesh that needed to be "selected"... and we got some nice results by adding some diffuseColor and emissiveColor.  Although I don't understand material channels real well, I have found that... even though a diffuseTexture and/or emissiveTexture is in-use, adding some diffuse/emissive color...WORKS, and is a useful way to show when a mesh is selected/highlighted.  It is also quite easy to make these colors flash/pulsate.

I don't know if your project is using highlightLayer for selecting mesh, but IF it is, consider these other options.  Perhaps useful.

Oops, I missed that.  My search-fu failed me.  Thanks @Wingnut for the tip about using material colours, that was actually how I started, but the highlight looked much nicer!  I'll switch back...  Sometimes it seems like I've tried to use a little bit of everything from BabylonJS for this game :)