Where to put global var in the basic template

Biggerplay

Where can I put a global game var in the basic template and then be able to access it from any of the game states?

So for example I want to have gold var, which is the players gold amount, and I need that to increase each time a new level runs, but I can't quite figure out where to put it, and then access it. I've tried create a this.gold = 0, and a var gold = 0, in boot.js, in MainMenu.js etc, but I can't access it from HUD.js which is where I need to access it from.

If you need to save variables between multiple states, you can store them as your main global var's properties. I think the main global variable is called BasicGame in the basic template.

For example:

BasicGame.gold = 0;

Saving the value to this.gold inside a state wouldn't work, as all the state values are flushed on state change.

Look at the 'Full Screen Mobile' template Boot.js, the top part:

BasicGame = {    /* Here we've just got some global level vars that persist regardless of State swaps */    score: 0,    /* If the music in your game needs to play through-out a few State swaps, then you could reference it here */    music: null,    /* Your game can check BasicGame.orientated in internal loops to know if it should pause or not */    orientated: false};