add/copy sprites to bitmapdata

Infinisecond

I'm trying to create a bitmapdata with a single frame from a spritesheet and I'm getting nothing

I'm using this,

bmd = game.add.bitmapData(800, 800);        bmd.add(new Phaser.Sprite(game, 50, 50, 'blocks', 3));        sprite = game.add.sprite(0,0,bmd);

but its showing nothing.

Am doing something wrong? I tried copypixels aswell and still got nothing, I tried adding the sprite in advance, nothing.

(I'm useing phaser 2.0.6)

Thanks for the help in advance.

Still no luck with bmd.draw(sprite). But I did some digging in the Phaser examples and found this

http://examples.phaser.io/_site/view_full.html?d=display&f=render%20texture%20trail.js&t=render%20texture%20trail&phaser_version=v2.0.7&

so now my code looks like this

texture = game.add.renderTexture(800, 800, 'mousetrail');        block = game.make.sprite(0, 0, 'blocks', 4);        texture.renderXY(block, 50, 50, false);        sprite = game.add.sprite(0,0,texture);

and just for the heck of it I made this

var emitter;    var texture1;    var texture2;    var sprite1;    var sprite2;    function create()    {        game.stage.backgroundColor = '#2d2d2d';        texture1 = game.add.renderTexture(800, 800, 'mousetrail1');        texture2 = game.add.renderTexture(800, 800, 'mousetrail2');        emitter = game.make.emitter(0, 0, 200);        emitter.makeParticles('crystal', [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12/*, 4, 6, 7*/]);        emitter.minParticleSpeed.setTo(-70, -70);        emitter.maxParticleSpeed.setTo(70, 70);        emitter.setRotation(0, 0);        emitter.setScale(1, 0, 1, 0, 7000);        emitter.gravity = 40;        emitter.start(false, 7000, 40);        sprite1 = game.make.sprite(0,0,texture1);        sprite2 = game.add.sprite(0,0,texture2);    }    function update()    {        texture1.renderXY(sprite2, 0,0, true);        if (!game.input.activePointer.position.isZero())        {        texture1.render(emitter, game.input.activePointer.position, false);        }        texture2.renderXY(sprite1, 0,0, true);    }

there's a picture of it below

post-9579-0-47190100-1409361824.jpg

When in 2.0.5 I wanted to play with sprite colors to change clothes and skins colors of my soldiers...

Did not work.

It works in 2.0.7, but I fear it might again bring problems in the future, so I've just give up on the idea and made copies of the orginal sprite sheet, changed colors for colthes and no change in skin color.

It's heavier solution, since I load more files, but it's reliable.

Playing with bitmapdata with html5/phaser is not as reliable as with flash, that's how I feel about it, so I sacrifice a dozen of ko and I can sleep at night.