[Phaser] Chuck - FyreTale's Debut

Ryan

Hey guys,

We just finished up version 1.0 of our debut game, Chuck. We started this game about a month or two ago, but got bogged down with other work during the middle. Now that we finally got around to finishing it and we're hoping to get some feedback on what you guys think!

It's a funny story, you should all be familiar with the game TimberMan. We actually hadn't heard or seen this game when we started creating the assets for Chuck. It wasn't until we were about half way through development that we saw the tutorial for TimberMan on the home page of Phaser.io. We couldn't believe how similar our art looked, but just accepted that we were late to the party on this one and got the game finished.

You can find/play the game on the home page of our website:

http://www.fyretale.com/

Built with phaser. Learnt a lot along the way, so I'm looking forward to starting our next game and learning even more about what the framework can do.

V0OwmUn.png

Any bug reports or game play ideas are more than welcome!

Thanks,

FyreTale

Congratulations on the release. Game was fun. I am new to these styles, this is the second of its kind that I have played. Love the art and music, well done. One thing I may add, providing instructions in game would not be a bad idea. I did not know how to upgrade items at first until I played around with it.

Granted I needed to read the paragraph next to the game, but users are lazy and want an intuitive experience. Remember that!!

It might just be me but I think these games would be more interesting if you were fighting against a computer or someone online for the higher score or something. 

Overall it is a fun and well designed game imo. Not sure if you guys are going to keep working on it or just move onto the next one, let me know.

Best wishes for future development.

Hey Hardtail,

Thanks for talking a look at our game! That's a valid point regarding the tutorial and has been mentioned by a few others. We may do a quick 1.1 update to include an overlay screen to point out the parts of the UI and what they do.

Thanks again, I'll update this thread if we get around to releasing version 1.1.

Thanks!

FyreTale

Hi Fyre,

Took a look at this the other day when you came in the chat but you had gone before I got back.

Thought the game was a nice variation on the clicker genre, however I felt like the progression was a little too slow. and that the game was a little clumsy when picking up the fruits. Other than that. great game.

8/10

• 1 month later...