What marketing materials are required by sponsors?

NokFrt

Because I'm just a programmer and I can't do graphics for my games by myself, I have to outsource it. So I would like to know what extra graphics (I mean graphics for marketing purposes) will sponsors require from me? Is just a nice icon enough?

And what about non graphics materials like a manual, a game's description, a trailer or a gameplay video, etc.

Tomas

All those are not needed. You can make a gameplay video if your game contains later levels with interesting stuff.

Eventually it boils down to how good your game is how it runs well on various devices how good graphics are for game.

Also you need to make games with simple controls like having single touch controls.

It totally varies, they all want slightly different marketing materials. Some want a few banners of various different sizes, some just want an icon (again various different sizes, some 512px square, some 77px square for example). Most will ask for a game description / instructions which can just be a few sentences in a text file. I've not been asked for a manual or video yet.

I've found the best thing to do is get a couple of basic marketing images set up in vector format, one square, on rectangular. Then you can just resize and export them to whatever sizes are necessary.

I made the same experiences with sponsors.

Next to screenshots, icons and logos in different formats - most of the sponsors needs a textfile with description, instruction and category of your game.

Never had a sponsor who wants a trailer/gameplay video.

same here as the previously stated. most html5 sponsors know that their audience is only going to play a game for 5 minutes and move on to the next one (of course there are several exceptions to this!) - but this is true for the most part. 

in my experience, if they can just play the game themselves - and it is simple enough to grasp during their first play session - that in itself goes a long way.