Amazon accepting web apps into the store

rich

"Your web apps or mobile optimized websites can now reach Amazon customers in nearly 200 countries worldwide on Kindle Fire and select Android smartphones.

Easily submit your web app through the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal to have it merchandised alongside native apps. We've also provided powerful tools to help you test and debug your web apps and monetize using Amazon's In-App Purchasing API for JavaScript, and we¿ve made sure your web apps will provide a native-like experience on Kindle Fire with our improved web runtime on Kindle Fire.

Web developers with HTML5 apps and mobile-optimized web sites can easily get started at the Distribution Portal. Once you're logged in, go to "My Apps", and choose "Submit a Web App".

More information on how to prepare and submit your web apps is here."

Just to say that I was part of the beta for this (along with a few others here in the forum) and they have done a really amazing job getting canvas performance up. Silk used to be quite frankly terrible at canvas, and their web wrapper was even worse! But they have done an amazing job and it now flies along, and the JS APIs for things like in-app purchases are superb with typical Amazon high level of API docs, etc. Well worth looking at imho.

I was a part of beta as well but I've lost interest due to the same reason as True Valhalla. Also, I've found that by representing Mobile HTML5 games as app, players expectation become that of a native app instead of a mobile browser game. 

Still, Amazon In-App payment JS API sounds interesting. I might take a look at it again, using Leadbolt ads this time since they didn't allow google ads.