Statcounter - great service for tracking your games

Raiper34

Hi, 

I found this: statcounter.com and it is really great. You only integrate html5 code into html file with your game and you can see all stats in administration. Theese are stats like: vissitors country, vissitors time on website, vissitors brower, refferalls... 

Do you know it? Or do you use better service? 

How is it compared to Google Analytics? Just wondering, I've never used anything else.

I usually combine Google Analytics for general statistics, and my own system (when the game requires scores to be sent) or Clay.io for game-specific stuff (time played, attempts, ...).

How is it compared to Google Analytics? Just wondering, I've never used anything else.

They have a demo you can try:

http://statcounter.com/demo/summary/

Other than the demo, I've never used this, but I've used Google Analytics a lot.   From what I'm seeing, statcounter is fairly reminiscent of the many open-source web stats packages, and the capabilities don't seem that advanced.  In the old days, everyone used things like that, but Google Analytics really took it to the next level.   Everything on Analytics is extremely customizable.  It also integrates seamlessly with other Google things such as AdSense/AdWords and Google WebMaster Tools.  Google also has a lot of advanced tools in Analytics that have no equivalent elsewhere.  I really feel like their tools are far superior in quality and capability to anything else I've seen, and I would highly recommend them for general web analytics.

EDIT:

An interesting thing...  StatCounter's free version works for up to 250k hits a month.  Google Analytics has a limit at 10 million.   If you want more on StatCounter you can buy higher limits for as little as $5/month.    With Google Analytics, their premium version is listed as an annual $150k fee.

http://statcounter.com/pricing/

http://www.google.com/analytics/premium/features.html

Honestly, forget about Statcounter. Its for tracking websites.

If you REALLY want to track your games - this means: how many powerups have been used, which levels have been solved how many times, how often have players died and so on: try out Mixpanel.

I'm using it for our web-apps and ist just awesome.

[/end of nerdlove] :D