Today is the day we are all waiting for :D

Ezelia

So as you know yesterday came and went without a sign of 1.0.

I tried to hit the deadline, I honestly did. Last week I worked close to 20 hour days to try and make it, but ultimately TypeScript 0.9.1 really screwed me over. There are numerous rants about it from me on the TypeScript forums if you're interested, but my advice right now is "stay well clear". I literally wasted 5 days trying to work with it and just had to give up. I did get the whole framework compiling under it, but when you get even the slightest error (from some new code or a code change) debugging is next to impossible. Anyway all the time I spent dicking around with TypeScript ruined my chance of releasing on the 12th :(

I'm still hopeful to get it out this week, but I need to claw back the time I wasted on TypeScript first.

Sorry guys, hang in there, I promise it will be worth it!

After reading your posts on the Typescript forums I grabbed the Phaser 1.0 code and tried to compile a simple "Hello World".

I only tried for some hours but I got so many random errors which even appeared and disappeared when editing whitespaces! As you said, the TSC must be seriously broken.

I can't believe you still made it compile somehow  :)  Thank you very much for going through that hell which the current Typescript is.

It's seriously screwed atm. My current insane workflow is: On one PC I have TS 0.9.1, on another 0.8.3. I do all my main coding on 0.8.3 so I get useful meaningful errors! Then I commit, pull the repo to my 0.9.1 PC, do a global 'search replace' swapping "bool" to "boolean" and then compile and pray.

same here, still having weired problems with TSC 0.9.1 ... I switched back to 0.8.3 and made a VM with TSC 0.9.1 so I can maintain a (supposed) compilable code in 0.9.1 .

don't know if I'm alone, but the new TypeScript shows me errors with completely wrong line numbers/filenames  in the "Errors" tab on VS2012

Sorry to hear :(.  On the bright side I'm enjoying going through the code anyways and familiarizing myself with the features, and it really is great!  I'm glad I've been waiting for this to release before beginning to work and a few more days doesn't change that fact.  Keep it up~  ;).