Music Doesn't Play in Safari?

blizzardmuffin

I have a main music track looping all throughout my game, which works fine in Chrome, but the music doesn't play in Safari. All the sound effects work, but not the music.

I think I read something about this somewhere, but I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Edit: Link to the track:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpj8cldf58gdvth/bgm.mp3?dl=0

What's the music type you're using? I know Firefox doesn't support .mp3 it seems but it does support .ogg. Have you tried a different file type?

I have a .mp3, .wav, and .ogg. The music plays fine on Chrome and Firefox, it's just Safari that I'm having the issue with.

I have a .mp3, .wav, and .ogg. The music plays fine on Chrome and Firefox, it's just Safari that I'm having the issue with.

I'm not sure if it's relevant but, Apple blocked all html5 autoplay audio as of 4.x. Events have to be triggered via input such as button or like wise. What I read anyway.

I'm not sure if it's relevant but, Apple blocked all html5 autoplay audio as of 4.x. Events have to be triggered via input such as button or like wise. What I read anyway.

I tried adding in a simple button for the user to press, which just toggles the music. That worked in Chrome, but not in Safari.