Problems installing the Max-Exporter for Babylon.js

Raschko

Hi,
I'm having trouble installing the Babylon-Exporter for Max.

I have:

- Max 2013 64-bit

- Max2Babylon-0.17

I've done the following:
- extracted "Max2Babylon-0.17.zip"

- copied the 5 dlls from the 2013-folder to \3ds Max\bin\assemblies

- made sure the files are not locked by windows

(Please see also my lovingly arranged screenshot I attached to this post)

After starting Max I get the following error:

"The assembly [...]Max2Babylon.dll encountered an error while loading. [...]"

(see also the screenshot) and I don't see the Babylon-Menu or anything related.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong?
Thanks, Raschko

post-13440-0-23421400-1425470934_thumb.j

Hi guys,
thank you for your help, but unfortunatly this didn't work.
In the meantime I also checked if I have the "Product Update 4" of Max installed, because I read in some forum posts that prior to this versions MAX had some difficulties loading dlls from the assemblies-folder, but I have this update installed...
I think I'll try it over the weekend on another PC, to have a look how it's supposed to work...

Did you unlock the zipped file while it was still zipped or unlocked them individually after? I've found issues when unlocking them after unzipping the files.

Also its possible that your download was corrupt, so you might retry downloading again and unlock the zipped babylon file (not just the max3babylon zipped folder that also comes zipped) and copy them across again.

• 6 months later...

I am having the same problem.

I have:

- Max 2015 64-bit

- Max2Babylon-0.20

I've done the following:

Case 1:
- extracted "Max2Babylon-0.20.zip"

- copied the 5 dlls and "BabylonActionsBuilder" folder from the 2015-folder to \3ds Max\bin\assemblies

- made sure the files are not locked by windows

Case 2:

- before extract I went to "Max2Babylon-0.20.zip" properties and clicked Unblock button.

- extracted "Max2Babylon-0.20.zip"

- Checked all .dll properties one by one. There was to Unblock button.

- copied the 5 dlls and "BabylonActionsBuilder" folder from the 2015-folder to \3ds Max\bin\assemblies

For both cases I got same error message, Please click on below link:

http://postimg.org/image/5wq7snrdf/

Thanks,

Somnath

I assume you mean Max and not Maya (as your screenshot is also from max).

The screenshot shows an exception that is thrown. Going through the stacktrace you can see it happens in the Babylon2Mx GlobalUtility's start() function (probably after the menu was created, as the next function comes from Max, UpdateMenuBar). Something with a missing or non-valid icon maybe? Or maybe an old version of .net? (just assumptions, nothing profound :-) )

>Downloaded "Max2Babylon-0.20.zip" and Unblocked zip (right click>properties>Unblock).

>Extract "Max2Babylon-0.20.zip".

>Copied all files .dll files and "BabylonActionsBuilder" folder into "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015\bin\assemblies".

>Start 3DS Max.

>Max getting hanged.

I am using Administrator account.

Any solution?

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I am trying to get the exporter working also from 3d max 2016, I copy over the latest 5 dlls to the assemblies folder, open max and get this error;

"---------------------------
Plug-in Assembly Load Error
---------------------------
The assembly "BabylonExport.Entities.dll" encountered an error while loading.

It is possible that this error put the application in a bad state. The application will continue to run, but we recommend quitting the application, removing the plug-in, and restarting.

File: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\bin\assemblies\BabylonExport.Entities.dll

Full Error: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\bin\assemblies\BabylonExport.Entities.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\bin\assemblies\BabylonExport.Entities.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)

at AssemblyLoader.Loader.LoadAssembly(String file)

OK   

"

I followed the link in the above but am a little lost as to the instructions- any pointers on how to get the exporter working?

Many thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same Problem and a answer for 3D Studio Max 2016 !

Go to Path, where you 3DSM is installed. (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\)

Open this file "3dsmax.exe.config" with a Text-Editor.

You can see this at begin:

<?xml version="1.0"?> 
<configuration>
  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>
  </startup>

<system.diagnostics>

<assert assertuienabled="false"/>
    <sources>
      <!-- This removes Binding error messages coming from AdWindows components -->
      <source name="System.Windows.Data" switchName="SourceSwitch">
        <listeners>
          <remove name="Default" />
        </listeners>
      </source>
    </sources>
    <switches>
      <add name="SourceSwitch" value="All" />
    </switches>
    <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4"></trace>
  </system.diagnostics>

Add the following lines between </startup> and <system.diagnostics>.

<runtime>         
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
 </runtime> 

Save the file and exit. Now you can insert the DLL-files into the assemblies Folder and run 3D Studio Max.

TADAAAA !!! :D

Terra

• 4 months later...

Just had the same problem and found out:

Under windows 10 there is another file property. Although  all the DLL-files were unlocked I still have to check another checkbox within the file-dialog.

I have in german but thea meaning is about "the file was created on another computer. Because of security reasons the file was eventually blocked".

So you have to allow each file to be unlocked :-)

allow.jpg