Replacing components with asm.js

PhaserEditor2D

Hi

I was reading about asm.js and it is very interesting. My first question was... well, if it is doing so good why are not everybody (engines) going to compile to it?  I would like to see languages created with the main purpose to compile to asm.js... Let's call them X languages.

I see for example PlayCanvas uses critical components compiled in asm.js (here in section Need for Speed, http://blog.playcanvas.com/playcanvas-goes-open-source/), but I think they are just a port made with emscripten of third party C libraries.

Maybe it is a good idea if some critical components in Phaser can be re-written in the X language and then compiled into asm.js. I don't know if that X languages exists...

Until Chrome natively supports asm.js I've no interest in doing this at all, sorry.

Seems like a waste of time to recode lots of the core parts of Phaser in C, just to them back-port it to JavaScript again.

I'm not sure the speed increase would be that significant for anything rendering related: For a 3D engine I can see the need, as there is masses of geometry and math involved, and far more complex physics - but for 2D I've yet to be convinced it would make much difference - especially given how well JS VMs are optimising these days.