Upgrading from v2 to v3 causing issues with grunt

kaizoku

We use grunt templates and jasmine to run our test suite and since upgrading to v3 - our tests fail to run at all via grunt.

I think it's down to the way v3 uses requireJs vs v2 and it doesn't seem to play well with our grunt template.

The error I get is:

Error: define: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'this._loadResource.bind(this)')

I'm thinking this might be because ./loaders doesn't get required properly?

Did anyone face similar problems and have any solutions?

For ref our grunt test template looks like:

test: {                src: ['src/**/*.js', '!src/main.js'],                options: {                    display: "short",                    keepRunner: true,                    summary: true,                    specs: ['test/**/*Spec.js', '!test/grunt/*Spec.js'],                    template: require('grunt-template-jasmine-requirejs'),                    templateOptions: {                        requireConfig: {                            baseUrl: 'src',                            paths: {                                "test": "../test",                                "echo": ECHO_PATH                            }                        }                    },                    '--local-to-remote-url-access': true                }            }

If you run your tests with phantomjs be sure to use the bind polyfill:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/phantomjs-polyfill

Thanks

I'm using grunt-contrib-jasmine which takes care of all that for me. With Pixi v2 I also tried asserting that .bind is a function which returned true so I think that's fine. Our set up is exactly the same so I would expect bind to be a function for v3 as well.

We do not ship a bind polyfill in v3 since all of our supported browsers implement it. 

There is an issue open about phantomJS not supporting bind:

https://github.com/GoodBoyDigital/pixi.js/issues/1785

Also:

> I think it's down to the way v3 uses requireJs vs v2 and it doesn't seem to play well with our grunt template.

We don't use requirejs anywhere in pixi.