v3 - ParticleContainer inside a Container?

Oyed

I want to render my Tiled Map in Chunks, and to do so, I thought of chunking sections of the map in to ParticleContainers and then having the ParticleContainers all inside of a Container to render to the player, switching each ParticleContainers visibility based on what the User can see (To save on performance).

Is this possible? I've tried doing it and I get "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'baseTexture' of undefined". Either way, is this the best way to go about it?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Well this is a bit old answer, but as I just discovered the same error message, I thought I'd expand this a bit for anyone else who stumbles here. As I understand the ParticleContainer needs to be limited to certain children inside of it and for example I was having a normal Container inside ParticleContainer, which caused an issue naturally.

So for example in a game that needs multiple layers of containers, you add normal containers first and you can only add ParticleContainers as the last layer of containers, before the actual graphics (Sprites etc.).

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/26/2015 at 12:37 AM, xerver said:

Particle containers should only contain sprites, and all those sprites should share a base texture.

That sentence would be great to have in the documentation

• 1 year later...

On 8/25/2015 at 11:37 PM, xerver said:

Particle containers should only contain sprites, and all those sprites should share a base texture.

I currently have a ParticleContainer that it's working with different baseTextures if I have all the textures in different files but if I make a spritesheet out of them and some are in a different spritesheet then it has the expected behaviour (it doesn't work because they have different baseTextures). What I want to know is why in the first example it works (each image is a different texture and texture = baseTexture). 

EDIT: It was using the same texture after all but it was in different sizes so it seemed like different textures. You can delete this message.

Edited by why_m
update