A years work of html5 mobile games!

doubleduck

Hey guys,

In the past year, we have worked on mobile html5 games, primarily for Firefox OS, and also for the Everything Home android launcher.

All of them (24) use the CreateJS framework for canvas rendering, they were written with the Haxe cross-platform language.

You can check them out in our website: http://www.doubleduck.co/games (the latest two are not html5 games).

We would be very grateful for reviews at the Firefox Marketplace.

Cheers,

Danny

According to the screenshots - your games look pretty sweet.

Unfortunately, I do not own a Firefox OS device yet and it seems that I cannot play any game of yours just with the Firefox browser. It always says:

"Your browser/device is not compatible with the web app".

One question I have though - how do you monetize your apps. Looks like they are all free to play. 

No, they didn't. 

The experience is quite good. Deploying/updating apps is extremely easy, and review times are super quick.

Development is also nice, there's a desktop simulator that works pretty well. Debugging the device is done with adb, just like android devices. I didn't get very much into profiling tools, but I do know such tools exist.

I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm genuinely interested in the reasoning as to why you'd spend time creating from scratch 24 pretty nice looking games for a device that no-one actually owns yet, in an app store devoid of customers? Was it just trying to be the first in there, so when it goes mainstream you'd have a good quantity of games? Struggling to understand why you'd spend a year doing it otherwise. I mean that time must have cost money, yes? Something had to fund that didn't it?

I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm genuinely interested in the reasoning as to why you'd spend time creating from scratch 24 pretty nice looking games for a device that no-one actually owns yet, in an app store devoid of customers? Was it just trying to be the first in there, so when it goes mainstream you'd have a good quantity of games? Struggling to understand why you'd spend a year doing it otherwise. I mean that time must have cost money, yes? Something had to fund that didn't it?

Also what the hell is everything.me and do they do licensing deals?

Sondar