Ninja Ball - Maze Game

GSquadron

Hello,

well I tried it a pushed through until lvl 22 than stopped playing. There's not that much to be said.

When you try the game as a player what actually should make me play it until lvl 31? Yyou know almost all the obstacles can be avoided without getting in their reach at all (you can just walk aroudn them instead of crossing their path). I think the best level I reached was lvl 14 (or 13 not sure), there was a lot of moving objects a lot of obstacles and I really had to try to avoid everything. But level 15 (right after the best one out of first 22 levels!) was a let down, there were no obstacles except walls so no way to destroy the ball :-(. Otherwise it's nice little game but the pacing is terrible, I think in this kind of game you don't need to wait 14 levels to give the player a bit of a tough time, so just let's say one or levels should be enough to learn that you use arrow keys and the ball is needed to navigate to doors.

I was missing some kind of difficulty, anyway it would be nice if you put a timer into the game and let every level to be time limited (restart the level the ball doesn't get to finish until the time runs out). And I would avoid a lot more of moving (and not moving) stuff to make it more challenging ;-) - because it's not that much visually stimulating but that level 14 was perfect in a sense because there was a lot of things happening.

(You can also include some irregular paths to your objects to make it more interesting)

Is this kind of feedback ok with you?

Hey, I liked the concept idea of this game, however, I must agree with AzraelTycka that the difficult pacing in the levels is kinda strange.

Most obstacles can be easily avoided and have no reason to be in the level. Maybe you could add some walls to force the player to pass through a certain obstacle.

I suggest you this great article about creating puzzle games :)

• 3 weeks later...

I had a hard time to edit the levels.

I had this issue too with on of my games, if I was you I would invest in making a level editor, it really speeds up development and testing whiles learning a lot about development. 

Played the game too, I like the concept but I think using the keyboard makes it too easy, I would look into using a mouse or touch screen, that would add a layer of dexterity that would really add to the fun! 

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue too with on of my games, if I was you I would invest in making a level editor, it really speeds up development and testing whiles learning a lot about development. 

Played the game too, I like the concept but I think using the keyboard makes it too easy, I would look into using a mouse or touch screen, that would add a layer of dexterity that would really add to the fun! 

Yeah very good ideas. I was actually thinking of building a visual level editor since I still use the multidimensional array for editing.