Black Gradient Marks On Mesh

somnath281

Hi,

Basically I am a programmer. I am not sure whether this question is valid for this forum or not.

1. I downloaded a free fbx house model.

2. Import it into Clara.io and attached textures, lights and camera.

3. Export it into .babylon.

After render it into babylon it showing some black gradient marks.

Can anybody tell me why this is coming and what should I do to resolve this problem.

I have attached an image for reference. 

post-15655-0-95140900-1439987471_thumb.j

Also please let me know, necessary steps all modelers should take care.

Thanks

Somnath

Hi somnath :)  A couple of thoughts

1. Recalculate the normals on the model

2. The house is made up of boxes but you have "smoothing" applied so that the cubes try to look like cylinders. Try using flat shading for the mesh(es) where the marks are.

cheers, gryff :)

Hi,

I'm Ben of Clara.io.  I've had a look at the scene and it seems to be okay with in Clara.io, and it also seems to be okay in Blender (try exporting to a *.blend).  We use Blender to export both to *.babylon, and *.obj.  I had a look at the normals in an *.obj file and it seems okay -- even in the corners.  It is weird that it is correct in OBJ and not in BabylonJS.

We will have to investigate the issue in further detail as it appears to be a tricky one.

Best regards,

Ben Houston

somnath and Ben, I've created in Blender a simple test to duplicate the arches at the front of the house.

The test has 2 sets of arches - the one on the left the shading is set to flat, the one on the right the shading is set to smooth - then exported to BJS.

Notice the one on the right pretty much duplicates what we see in the picture you posted somnath.

Arches Test

Hi Ben, welcome to BJS. Is there a blend file I can download from somewhere to have a look at the model(s)?

Hi Gryff,

Any scene in Clara.io can be exported to *.blend or *.babylon from our view pages, just click the "Download" button and select ".blend" as the desired format.

This particular scene of somnath128 is not public, but otherwise it would be accessible here:

https://clara.io/view/0afe03f4-6d11-4f0e-8564-86a4a95cd2e1

BTW we have confirmed that this normals issue is not present when exporting to OBJ/MTL, Blend and ThreeJS, it is only present when exporting to Babylon.JS - thus we believe there is an issue in handling normals in the Babylon.JS exporter from Blender.

Best regards,

Ben Houston

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks deltakosh and Ben, now there is now gradient shades.

Another problem I found, from clara.io when i export the file as .babylon i found a .babylon, some textures are expoted in zip file.

When I import those files in babylon engine some textures are not attached. See the image below.

post-15655-0-58860900-1443074364_thumb.p

Thanks,
Somnath

post-15655-0-58860900-1443074364_thumb.p