About LeadBolt advertise.

lanceyuki

Here's what those numbers, abbreviations, and acronyms mean.

Views/Imps: 626

This is the total number of people that saw the ad in your game. The abbreviation "Imps" stands for "Impressions".

Clicks: 39

This is the total number of people that clicked on the ad in your game.

CTR: 6.23%

This is your click through rate. It's computed by dividing the number of people who clicked on an ad by the number of people who saw the ad.

Revenue: $0.09

This is how much money you've made from people clicking on ads in your game.

EPC: $0.00

This is your earnings per click. It's computed by dividing your revenue by the number of people who clicked on an ad. In your case, the actual value is closer to $0.0023.

ECPM: $0.14

This is the effective cost per mile. It's a guess at how much revenue you'll generate if 1,000 people see an ad in your game. It's computed by dividing your revenue by the number of people who saw an ad in your game and multiplying by one thousand.

Given all that, here's what actually matters.

If you're doing split testing, where you show ad A and ad B within the same time frame, you want to pay attention to the ECPM per ad. The higher that number is, the better an ad's performing.

If you're just showing one ad at a time, you want to pay attention to EPC per ad. The higher that number is, the better the ad's performing.

Finally, when it comes to Internet marketing, clicks are cash. You can have an ad seen by a million people, but if no one's clicking it, you're not making any money. So focus on getting your CTR up.

Edited by onefrankguy

To be honest, 36k impressions and revenue of $81 is poor i think. Considering that with adsense, 5k impressions would earn more than that.

You mean adsense for mobile has an ecpm of over $16? I find that very hard to believe as with the normal web adsense I get around $1 per 1K impressions...

Thats - views - clicks - ctr - cpc - cpm

dxlk8.png

There is alot less views, a lot less clicks and higher earnings. I know adsense can be a pain in the arse, but it isn't against the rules as far as i know to use adsense within HTML5 games (Booster and many others would be screwed otherwise), it is just a pain to keep within there rules so you don't brake them and i think with HTML5 mobile games, it is easy to break the rules without knowing. 

Thats - views - clicks - ctr - cpc - cpm

dxlk8.png

There is alot less views, a lot less clicks and higher earnings. I know adsense can be a pain in the arse, but it isn't against the rules as far as i know to use adsense within HTML5 games (Booster and many others would be screwed otherwise), it is just a pain to keep within there rules so you don't brake them and i think with HTML5 mobile games, it is easy to break the rules without knowing. 

Those stats are very exciting, could you give me more info, like where you host these games (url) and how you get traffic to your games? Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Booster can very likely have a custom deal with AdSense, the same way some Ad Networks fall back to showing Adsense ads if they don't have theirs to fill in, so be careful.

Them earnings are 1 day and from 1 game hosted just on Boosters network, that was just before we switched to using boosters own ads fully, results didn't change much though, Adsense still delivered when using boosters Adsense ads. I guess that booster does have a deal with Adsense, i know that other publishers have got an arrangement with Adsense, and i have been using Adsense for well over a year now, no issues. I am wary about them, but if you keep a check on things and make sure your not breaking there ToS, then all should be fine.

I ain't saying you must use Adsense, but Leadbolt from my experience, and i have tried them, is crap. Leadbolt is focused solely on native apps, and mainly android apps saying that, they support iOS and WP etc..., but there big focus was Android to start with and still is. Because of this, ads, when i tried them out anyway, were very poor, a lot of the time, the banner ads showing where resized, stretched images that look crap, you couldn't even read any text on them. I think, it is the poor quality of traffic and the fact the mobile web isn't there focus, thats the reason earnings are so low, don't get me wrong, your earnings are decent TV, but, come on, 36k views, over 6k clicks and only $81, that is poor, its better than nothing, but knowing you could earn like x10 that, it is poor.

Them earnings are 1 day and from 1 game hosted just on Boosters network, that was just before we switched to using boosters own ads fully, results didn't change much though, Adsense still delivered when using boosters Adsense ads. I guess that booster does have a deal with Adsense, i know that other publishers have got an arrangement with Adsense, and i have been using Adsense for well over a year now, no issues. I am wary about them, but if you keep a check on things and make sure your not breaking there ToS, then all should be fine.

I ain't saying you must use Adsense, but Leadbolt from my experience, and i have tried them, is crap. Leadbolt is focused solely on native apps, and mainly android apps saying that, they support iOS and WP etc..., but there big focus was Android to start with and still is. Because of this, ads, when i tried them out anyway, were very poor, a lot of the time, the banner ads showing where resized, stretched images that look crap, you couldn't even read any text on them. I think, it is the poor quality of traffic and the fact the mobile web isn't there focus, thats the reason earnings are so low, don't get me wrong, your earnings are decent TV, but, come on, 36k views, over 6k clicks and only $81, that is poor, its better than nothing, but knowing you could earn like x10 that, it is poor.

Could you show us how exactly you place the adsense ads in your games? A link or screenshot will really help us deciding whether it is for or against TOS. For me personally I'm not risking getting my Adsense banned if that could make me $100-$200 extra as I've made over 2K$ from adsense desktop ads.

I aint telling people to use Adsense. What i am trying to say, is people were complaining that there Leadbolt earnings were crap, and you said you need traffic to get anything decent, but that is true, as you said yourself. Even after your higher traffic, earnings are still poor. To be honest, i don't really care what others use as there ad service, it is completely up to them, i was just showing that from the amount of view you got, earnings can be and should be alot lot higher. I guess that isn't your fault though, if anything, it is Leadbolt who should be doing a lot more.

• 4 weeks later...

I aint telling people to use Adsense. What i am trying to say, is people were complaining that there Leadbolt earnings were crap, and you said you need traffic to get anything decent, but that is true, as you said yourself. Even after your higher traffic, earnings are still poor. To be honest, i don't really care what others use as there ad service, it is completely up to them, i was just showing that from the amount of view you got, earnings can be and should be alot lot higher. I guess that isn't your fault though, if anything, it is Leadbolt who should be doing a lot more.

Would you suggest Lead Bolt over other platforms?  If so why?