Buttery smooth slow movements

nuthinking

Hi guys, I am struggling to have graphic elements moving continuously smoothly. I tried 2 different movement logics but still no luck.

First one using fixed delta, hoping that the video card doesn't lose frames: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/NGeZdO?editors=001

The second, I believe frame drop proof, just moving the elements based on the time passed between a rendering and the previous one: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/avPgqm?editors=001

In both cases the items which move slowly are visibly not smooth, as if Pixi didn't support decimal values for x positions, which I guess it's not the case, especially considering that the antialiasing option for the rendering is enabled. So maybe it is something to do with my logic.

I am using an old mac book pro, but I would assume it should easily run this basic graphics.

Any idea on how I could fix my problem?

Thanks,

chr

In your case Ivan, looks like cacheAsBitmap is making the difference. So I guess to have decimal positioning the content of these elements needs to be rendered as a texture. Quite annoying considering in the project I am working the content will have its own animations. So maybe i have to render those internal animations as spritesheet.