JavaScript: Open Email Address Link?

JeZxLee

Hi,

I want users of my HTML5 application to be able to click on an image and email my company.

I've got everything setup in JavaScript, but it has problem:

When I click on [Contact] button, Microsoft Edge browser treats it as a popup and blocks it?

(it works on all other Internet browsers)

How can I fix above issue with email link and Microsoft Edge Internet browser?

Here is my code:

window.open('mailto:[email protected]?subject=Email From Visitor Of 16BitSoft Website!','_self');

The HTML5 application is my company website and can be viewed here: www.16BitSoft.com

Thanks...

Jesse

I'm sorry to be harsh, but I think that's a terrible terrible misuse of canvas. Make a more conventional website, with different pages* and use HTML for layout and text and just use an A element to link to the email URL

*or if you must make it single page, at least update the URL and let back/forward/bookmarking work properly (yes, there is a lot of work in re-inventing the webbrowser in the webbrowser - as a user I expect text to highlight and be copyable too, and tooltips showing URLs for links, and less preloader and better preformance - less memory allocations and not animating static content at X FPS and ...)

Oh I see now why its not an anchor.

It's like flash never left.

But, yeah, I think the problem you have is your browser settings, not your code or Edge implementation.

Hi,

It's a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64Bit.

Microsoft Edge is using default settings.

I Google'd to try to find a solution, but nothing.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Jesse

Just sounds like Edge blocks popups by default, pretty sure you could set the other browsers up to do the same, and remove the behaviour from Edge.

This post seems to show how to manage it (literally first Google search for "Edge blocks popups"), although as Edge is experimental it is potentially subject to change without notice.