[GM:Studio] Zoo Escape! - Animal Match

BlackOpzFX

AnimalZooMatch_Screen000.thumb.png.60cc3
[320x480]  [480x720]

Hi all. I'm a newbie here but boy am I glad I found with site. Finally a forum that clearly focuses on the challenges of producing and monetizing HTML5 content. I've really learned a lot about the issues and reality of the HTML5 marketplace by reading this forum BUT I've noticed a lack of GM:Studio content. In the comments a few (mostly True Valhalla) developers mention GM:Studio and its capabilities but most vastly underestimate what its capable of. I find that its and incredibly capable 2D tool. Its main weakness for HTML5 is the awkwardness of integrating SDK's into it. You can make extensions to bridge the gap but thats an area I'm not too familiar with so I cant speak to the ease/difficulty of it. This is a little project I completed this weekend (about 72 hours) for HTML5/Android that I've having a lot of fun with (I LOVE that GM:Studio can do multi-platform development so easily). I also have a few more of my GM:Studio projects that I'm giving the HTML5 treatment to show the power of the platform. I'll be posting them here to wave the GM:Studio flag but in the interim give Zoo Escape! a spin. Its good for a few minutes of your time. (Its also available for licensing. Its surprisingly sticky for such a simple game). 

Honeycam_Good002.gif.3f1fdd58875f3bed25a

14 hours ago, BlackOpzFX said:

You can click the links under the 1st picture to play in 2 diff sizes. Its also on Android but you can play the HTML5 version from the links on this page.

Hah! Had thought they were screenshot sizes!

Pretty cool game, can't help but think the play area needs to be longer to allow more pieces to fall in, games are over pretty quickly.

2 hours ago, staff0rd said:

Hah! Had thought they were screenshot sizes!

Pretty cool game, can't help but think the play area needs to be longer to allow more pieces to fall in, games are over pretty quickly.

Maybe but I like that the animals are so recognizable and the graphics are so big that even on the smallest phone they're playable (since you have to touch them instead of just watching them fall). If they were too much smaller it would be hard to play in 4.x inch phones and most peoples fingers would be too big to accurately select them. Yea, its perfect for killing a few minutes.