[WIP] Canvas 9Ball

matheusbn

looks like you are using the same favicon as this site. coincidence?

the game is nice, I found it quite difficult to actually pot a ball though. maybe you could remove the R/S and just have one single pull-back motion? It would also be quite nice to have a line going from your queue so that targeting gets a bit easier. in the real thing you do have the possibility to line up using, so I dont think its that far fetched.

7 hours ago, marcgfx said:

looks like you are using the same favicon as this site. coincidence?

Interesting, but in fact it's not the same! :)  The favicon here has the vertical lines straight while my is angled.

I'm not sure where I got it, it was a long time ago, maybe w3.org... but I remember that I had to scaled down.

7 hours ago, marcgfx said:

I found it quite difficult to actually pot a ball though. maybe you could remove the R/S and just have one single pull-back motion? It would also be quite nice to have a line going from your queue so that targeting gets a bit easier. in the real thing you do have the possibility to line up using, so I dont think its that far fetched.

Now about the game, first thanks for playing and the advice and by the way about that line, do you mean like this:

FfBXIzp.png

The dots were animated and I took out this feature because I thought It would be too easy, but now I think I'll put back, since I'm receiving others comments about it.

Not bad, I usually prefer pool games that show the dotted line as to where the cue ball is going to go because I'm shit at judging it without it.

Couple of notes;

• You can win the game just by sinking the 9 ball off the 1 ball (or, by sinking the 9 ball off whatever is your current in-sequence ball)
  • Clicking No on the Play Again? screen does nothing.

11 hours ago, staff0rd said:

Not bad, I usually prefer pool games that show the dotted line as to where the cue ball is going to go because I'm shit at judging it without it.

Hi staff0rd, thanks for the advice and like I said above, I took out the dots before uploading but I think I'll put it back!

11 hours ago, staff0rd said:

Couple of notes;

• You can win the game just by sinking the 9 ball off the 1 ball (or, by sinking the 9 ball off whatever is your current in-sequence ball)
  • Clicking No on the Play Again? screen does nothing.

Yes you can like the rules of the original game, in fact you can pocket any other ball (and win in case of 9) but you first need to hit the ball in sequence. Now if you pocket the 9 ball after committing a fault (like hitting out of sequence) only the 9 ball with re-spawn.

6 hours ago, matheusbn said:

Yes you can like the rules of the original game, in fact you can pocket any other ball (and win in case of 9) but you first need to hit the ball in sequence. Now if you pocket the 9 ball after committing a fault (like hitting out of sequence) only the 9 ball with re-spawn.

Ah, I didn't know the rules.  Nice work.