3D Babylon.js logo

qqdarren

I'm doing a presentation later this week (NorDevCon 2016), on WebGL (specifically non-gaming applications). I'm using demos of each of Three.js, Babylon.js and Superpowers. (The "slides" are a 3D "game" built using Superpowers.)

I'm a bit surprised that none of them seem to have a ready-to-go 3D model logo. (Three.js doesn't appear to even have an official logo!!)  (WebGL does, though it might not be official: https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/sdk/demos/webkit/resources/ )

Someone artistic ought to make one. It'd be a good go-to model for the playground examples, too. (I was going to suggest a simple extrusion of the 2D logo, but looking at it, http://www.babylonjs.com/img/layout/logo-babylonjs.svg, those circles could become spheres, and it could get quite interesting...)

No quite sure what you are after qqdarren, but you are welcome to use this

BJS - a world view

It is not official. I made it awhile back - the original used BJS v 1.12:o.  I have updated it to BJS 2.3.

The thoughts behind it are:

1. About using BJS the animated text.
2. BJS is used around the world - the globe.
3. The possibilities are almost infinite - the universe backdrop.

Feel free to use it - the code is very very simple (I was just starting out with BJS :lol:).

Runs on my desktop and my Samsung Tab A tablet (Android). For the latter "swipe" to rotate, "pinch" to zoom.

cheers, gryff :)

Looks great!

The white dot looks a bit strange - like it doesn't quite belong there. (In the 2D logo I can't tell if it was supposed to be a dot on top, or a cut-out...)

(BTW, did you consider making the 5 coloured circles out of coloured glass, and let the other colours happen from their natural overlap? That might make it a more complicated object to distribute, and heavier to render, though.)

Well, assuming you can( and will) probably add this logo into your scenes, it just have to be light and quick rendered, I think. Of course, that logo is intended to be seen from the front, and in that case, the white is well placed.

I 'm just thinking of making fine animations here. I will try to improve that.

Nice job Supermitch. I briefly looked at the logo yesterday and wondered about the white dot. I seemed to me it was part of the background and would require a couple of boolean operations to subtract it from the "o" in "babylon and the centre red dot.

But that is just my perception. I suppose the original artist knows what it means :D

cheers, gryff :)