first. i packed images.

effect 2 image

ui       1 image

map   object 1image

bg 49 image( doing culling)

char   main - 1packed

monster - one by one

but my game draw call is not low  

normally 30-100 and hardly 100-1000(200 same monster use two skill(2 effect by spine))

and. i'm using pixi-particle and this is using high drawcall T-T

is drawcall up if container layer is complicated like following example?

for example iconObject(Container) has like following

- icon image - sprite

- count         - bitmaptext 

- name         - bitmaptext

- special button - sprite

- bg                    - sprite

how can i reduce drawcall?

please give me tips..

Find whichever object has the most instances, and separate it into another container. I also use a trick like shadow.position = char.position , so position of two objects will be ALWAYS synchronized  even if they are in different containers and dont have parent-child relation :) If you have 100 objects of the same type, same texture in one container, it will be optimized. And ParticleContainer/SkiinedMeshPatch can optimize it even further.

@ivan.popelyshev hi ivan..

is there a reason sprite can't use 'batch' when sprite has mask ?

and i don't know correct reason. but when i use two emitter or more on same container and same time(emitter is pixi-particle and emitter has different texture and same basetexture))

drawcall is up very fast..

emitter has different texture and same basetexture and same container like following

container - emitter1_container - 

- emiiter2_container

if added 100 of emitter1 only or emiiter2 is same. . it's good... batch, it was optimized..   

but if it used same time T-T....

it looks because blendSwap

if (currentBaseTexture !== nextTexture || blendSwap || shaderSwap)

emitters has different blendMode in this case

T-T.. how can i control  in this case...

differnt blendmode different Shader, different Position and different drawOrder by position  
T-T...

do you have ideas?

I also use a trick like shadow.position = char.position , so position of two objects will be ALWAYS synchronized  even if they are in different containers and dont have parent-child relation

what's the meaning?

I think he's saying that if you move char, shadow will automatically update and move with it, so you can bind two things that way that don't have to be in the same container.   I was looking at that too.  I wouldn't have thought it would do that.  I would have thought it only would do it for the one call and when character changed it would need to be redone, or maybe it does.  I think I read javascript does a lot of reference copies, so maybe that's why.

@fire7side hi..

I think he's saying that if you move char, shadow will automatically update and move with it, so you can bind two things that way that don't have to be in the same container.

can draworder control in this case?

my game need drawing order between characters and objects and etc...

how can i control draworder if container is different 

I've just started using Pixi also.  Although I did try it a time ago for a little while.  I don't think there is anyway you could control drawing order unless they are in the same container.  You're kind of stuck there.  You might could have two containers and shift from one container to the other.  Like foreground and background.  Haven't tried anything like that, though.

draworder is changing in real time on my game.

every frame  calculated ..

T-T So container can't be separated .  

ui and game are separated   

and game is separated between object and bg

and object container is always sorting every frame

object container is big problem..

You're the only one that can figure it out.  Sometimes there are certain things that can be separated, like for instance particles can all be in one container.  Maybe there are more game elements like that which can be grouped, or you can figure out a way that they can be grouped without changing the game.  Other things can also slow down a game like destroying objects, it's better to keep an object pool for game speed, things like bullets, or enemies that die often can be re-used instead of destroyed.  If the objects don't need to be rotated, then you can use CacheAsBitmap, there's an example for it in the pixi examples.  I haven't done any of them yet, though, because I just haven't worked with Pixi long enough.  I talked to one guy and he said CacheAsBitmap made a huge difference for him in game speed.  Make sure you clean up debug lines, also, like if you use console.log like I do, that will slow it down a lot.  Then there's just code, like maybe not checking something every frame if you don't need it.  Another thing I've done is redesigned the game because it didn't work that way.  I used things that didn't need to move as much in the game.  

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, GBear said:

If children's sprite is changed and cacheAsBitmap is true, child sprite isn't redraw sprite?

if i wanna redraw.. what can i do?   

cacheAsBitmap to false?

yes.. 

1.cacheAsBitmap  set true;

2.create new sprite when process 'render' 

3.draw created sprite..

^^;

• 5 years later...
On 3/17/2016 at 2:54 PM, ivan.popelyshev said:

@GBear better not to use cacheAsBitmap. At all. 

Pixiv4 will have multiple ways of improving performance, and they're much more effective.

Can you please profile your app and give me the timeline of one render operation ? 

What did you mean by that ?