Forum for HTML/CSS/JS

prvi_treti

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is the second one and partially the third one.

Have you ever tried googling? For example programming question and see what results you get? :-) Second result I got was probably the biggest site for open questions with like milions of users ;-).

For me I would go for stackoverflow in your place.

14 hours ago, AzraelTycka said:

My guess is the second one and partially the third one.

Have you ever tried googling? For example programming question and see what results you get? :-) Second result I got was probably the biggest site for open questions with like milions of users ;-).

For me I would go for stackoverflow in your place.

Problem is Stackoverflow isn't the best place to ask stupid questions :) They can mark it unconstructive, too broad etc etc. And I'd not like to pollute there. Quora also has similar concept. But what I am looking is more of a classic forum.

You should still be able to use StackOverflow, regardless of what level you are at, do a search first for your question, if that does not work, then make sure your question is as atomic as possible, i.e. dont make it broad. If you have a broad question break them down into smaller pieces, and ask those smaller questions, it is likely that if they are basic questions then they have already been asked.

If you are after more philosophical discussion about terms, syntax, concepts etc then fire away on these forums. JS is JS whether you're writing a text-editor or a game, many of the same problems exist.

Stackoverflow has a ton of downvoting shills. Same for their Meta exchange section. The entire place is a cesspool. (And also this)

Although, they do have some smart JS, C++ and PHP devs floating around every now and then. @Munduli, you should search SO and google first. If not, make the StackOverflow question and embrace yourself, you'll live :)

21 hours ago, Milton said:

Use this forum. Just pretend you're developing a game :)

Well, I do develop a game :) just because it's a browser game , it also includes DOM elements beside canvas. So I'd be more comfortable in an environment I can naturally ask about for example vuejs, sass, rest, bootstrap or expressjs. (something like html5webdevs.com :) )

As everybody points out SO, seems there's not much option around. Thanks though.

5 minutes ago, mUnduli said:

Well, I do develop a game :) just because it's a browser game , it also includes DOM elements beside canvas. So I'd be more comfortable in an environment I can naturally ask about for example vuejs, sass, rest, bootstrap or expressjs. (something like html5webdevs.com :) )

As everybody points out SO, seems there's not much option around. Thanks though.

Ah, in that case you're in absolutely the right place. Don't get confused by the forum being sponsored by canvas technologies, people here make all sorts of games. The audience for both Phaser and Pixi (not sure about Babylon & Panda) is split between game devs and web devs so plenty of people around here have professional experience with all the stuff you mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...