Nost-Kartrah : Strategy game

snot224

Hi all,

here is a topic to talk about a game I started some months ago but due of many reasons (Works, Family, ....) , still in progress, but I really want to finish it.

It's not yet playable online, but I will put contents here to show my work.
Sorry for my english, I'm french, and not very good to do long speeches.

Here some current pictures of this game.

24-07012016.jpg

Here you can see the interface, the logo, the menu when you select the house all in the left. In the right, the house and the Castle for buildings, and 3 kinds of units.

25-08012016.jpg

Here you can see loading panel, and 2 connections in same time (2 players)

26-08012016.jpg

And here the chat panel to talk with over poeple inside the game. All in real time.

I will put movie soon to let you see fonctionnalities...

Next step is to put some trees, grass on the floor, rocks.
Do you have some idear for the grass ??? I see something like fur material, I will try to see if it's workable with my ground.

Thanks for waching.

23-06012016.jpg

1 minute ago, ozRocker said:

I'm also making a multiplayer game with Babylon.js.  I'm using C# for the server.  Its cross-platform so I can run it on Windows and also Linux

good idea, I will work hard on it after, for this time it's just for technical and developpment use.

and I forgot to mention...your game looks fkn amazing!  Beautiful design.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  The standard of innovation must be very high in France.  Unfortunately in Australia no one is this creative :(

Hoo thanks very much, I try to do my best to render a beautyful game with attractive rules, all my childhood was rocked by "Age of Empire" and games likes that. Since somes years, with my brother, we created an unique game universe, I'm only to develop the first part of this game but I really think it could be very attractive to play.

I will explain and show it progressively. I will pay someone soon to create a trailer in full 3D.

8 hours ago, davrous said:

Very cool! On which machine / gpu did you render the game? Curious about the fps.

My developpment machine is an ASUS ROG Intel Core I7-3630QM - 2.4Ghz, with 12Go DDR3, I thing I don't use the correct way to create all my units, I do a .clone() from a model, I will try to use instance it's much better no ?

For the next weeks I just working on 3D modeles, to reduce number of polys and improve textures.

Thanks for your support. :)

Here somes last pictures of the current game, minmap in the left.

2016-04-29 (2).jpg2016-04-29 (1).jpg

2016-04-29.jpg

Indeed, for animations, whether objects should have separate animations, clones are the best solutions, but if several objects must have the same behavior, instances are better. A mix of the two would be a good choice as required.

On 30/04/2016 at 4:35 AM, ozRocker said:

I tried using instances but it doesn't work for animation.  If you animate one mesh it will animate every other instance as well.  They all share the same animation state.

19 hours ago, Dad72 said:

Indeed, for animations, whether objects should have separate animations, clones are the best solutions, but if several objects must have the same behavior, instances are better. A mix of the two would be a good choice as required.

Thanks for your returns, I will try with Instance and I will be fixed by the best technique :)
I've soon finish man model (with some morpher to generate random human model in all unit creation, that morpher will modify only unit and not the model.

Lets talking about the game,
each unit have a personal evolution growing by killing or using things. This evolution will be the key to win, because, when unit pass a level, it can be convert to an over kind of unit
Each party will be different. In the start for all new gamers, it will be very simple, 3 kind of unit can be use, and when he win, new level is unlocked, with new possibilities, and each level have his own advantage.

This game is a great tournament, to determine the choosen one .... ( Story will be explain later )